Mixed up my tomatoes!

• 5 Replies

ex-cavator

Mixed up my tomatoes!
« on: April 29, 2011, 19:20 »
Silly newbie mistake - my conservatory is so overrun with tomato plants of all different varieties, I kind've overlooked labelling when I potted some of them up. Now I don't know which are indoor & which are outdoor varieties  :blush:

Is there any easy way to tell, otherwise, does it make a huge amount of difference if I try growing indoor ones outside, or vice versa? My greenhouse will be completed this weekend with a bit of luck, and I'm sure I can accommodate all of them in there if necessary  ::)

Chrysalis

Re: Mixed up my tomatoes!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 20:03 »
You are not alone!  :tongue2:
I ran out of labels, so only did one per tray and now the trays are all muddled up.  We'll find out when they fruit, which will be exciting :D  We decided to keep 'em all in t'greenhouse

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 20:28 »
I always do something like this!

It's always a bet on the weather IMHO. If it's too hot, the ones in the greenhouse (whatever they are) could suffer, while the outside plants flourish, or vice versa!

We always set out to grow about 50-60 plants here and there, and always get something looking pretty sad and ragged, while others run riot!

Hedge your bets anyway, (which you've got to do as you've lost all the labels...)

It's not really a problem, and could give you more of a crop!

Dan78

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 00:21 »
I was quite well organised until my son got involved... Left him alone in the conservatory to find half the labels all in the herb pot! Bless him.. was trying to help  :blush:

Kajazy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 00:24 »
You're lucky - my 3 year old son got hold of a packet of sweetcorn seeds today and proudly handed me back the empty packet informing me he'd planted them all! Obviously he then had no recollection where....time will tell!
Then my 18 month old daughter decided to rummage through a couple of my newly planted up tomatoes... Kids  :D

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 11:25 »
Last year Bella pup removed all the labels from my tomatoes, this year I have been more careful, but will grow all as cordons (only one variety is a bush) as i found bush varieties a bit of a pain last year, They all have slightly different leaves, so if you are giving your surplus away, as I do, you can pick out so many of each leaf type to keep. Of course, if all your plants have the same leaf type that won't work, and I did slip up with one last year and had a very vigorous songold bush....not a good idea! :D

xx
I've bordeaux mixed my tomatoes- update

Started by missmoneypenny on Grow Your Own

27 Replies
Last post August 21, 2012, 06:02
by Growster...
xx
Mixed up Cordon and Determinate Tomatoes

Started by Lardman on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 08, 2010, 16:05
by Lardman
xx
Mixed Manures

Started by cloudcooking on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post February 24, 2012, 13:02
by cloudcooking
sad
Mixed up peas!

Started by squirrelsdig on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post March 30, 2012, 15:01
by DD.

Page created in 0.534 seconds with 36 queries.