I'm sure this wasn't me!

• 3 Replies

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
I'm sure this wasn't me!
« on: April 24, 2011, 10:57 »
When the house sale fell through I had to hurry up and start thinking about starting off some seeds for my little garden. I had 7 packs of tomato seed (that's the trouble with buying them whenever you see them reduced!) so sowed just a few from each pack in 3 inch pots. Baby bell peppers, cucumbers, salad, carrots and potatoes, broad beans, peas and chervil, plus a few for the flower border and begonias and dahlias.

When it came to pricking out a couple of weeks ago they have somehow multiplied to such an extent I have actually had to throw some plants away!!!!!(I know, I know...murder!) I only have a tiny greenhouse, grow house and a miniplot, couldn't keep them all and I have plenty of tomatoes to give to my sister and people at OH's work who have some every year.

My tiny plot in the back ground (I didn't grow the dogs!)

So in my plot I have got a small row of potatoes, two types of beetroot, salad leaves and radish, I only do those once, while there is nothing much in, spring onions, chard, peas, broad beans. Later, kale and psb. Runner beans will have to go in the flower border.

In the greenhouse there will be a couple of cucumber, a couple of baby bell peppers and as many tomatoes as I can fit, then in pots there is garlic, potatoes, two types of carrots, lettuce,toms, cues, any peppers I may have, fruit trees and blueberries, then in the flower beds there are herbs and rhubarb.

In flowers I have the dahlias and begonias, sweet peas, geraniums, scabious, californian poppies, night phlox, night stock...........

I think I may live to regret this. :unsure: :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: I'm sure this wasn't me!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 12:13 »
 :lol: :lol: that sounds like me, that's why in the 'two words' thread I said no more seedlings!

I have enough to fill up 2 gardens and 2 plots I think, but I suppose it will all get crammed in somewhere or given to family & friends :)

(and I haven't sown the @ least 12 kinds of squash/pumpkin I'm growing. Oh dear  :wacko: )

MJS

• Winner - favourite sunflower photo of 2011
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 13:36 »
 :lol:me too! I've just been potting on, I'm sure I didn't plant so many  :unsure:  (Your dogs have planted themselves nicely  ;) )

« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 13:38 by MJS »

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 14:04 »
If it any comfort Tosca, your greenhouse looks positively sane compared to mine  :lol:

It's full, the cold frame is full, the window ledges are ............errrrr......full.  I did my courgettes and squashes yesterday but don't know where they can go once germinated  :wacko:  I would post pics but it's too shaming  :blush:

Page created in 0.409 seconds with 38 queries.