It's The 'Wrong' Crop Grommit!

• 17 Replies

Plasmafish

Re: It's The 'Wrong' Crop Grommit!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 15:08 »
Dwarf beans and runner beans are usually ok except for Aphid, which can be sprayed with a little washing up liquid and water.

My peas have an aphid problem too.  My bottle of Fairy washing liquid is blue (eucalyptus flavour I think) with added anti-bacterial agents. Will the washing up liquid harm the plants or make it harmful to eat?

mobilekat

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 15:17 »
What kind of plants does he grow???
As to me the ones you have are all great plants and I have most of them expect runners this year.

Just apply a large pinch of salt to his complaints, it may turn out to be something as odd as his mate wanted your plot of something!

As for Anti-bacterial washing up liquid I would assume its fine as you eat off your dishes washed in it, and you will have podded or washed your peas, and you are not going to have drenched them to such a degree that they absorb the suds!
Very often quite lost- would be more lost if I could work out where I was!- But always find my way home.....

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 17:32 »
My peas have an aphid problem too.  My bottle of Fairy washing liquid is blue (eucalyptus flavour I think) with added anti-bacterial agents. Will the washing up liquid harm the plants or make it harmful to eat?
Horticultural ("Soft") soap preferable to Detergent for aphids I think (something to do with whether the soap is based on Potassium or something else I think - but the Chemistry escapes me at the minute ...)

Detergent / Washing up liquid frequently used though; might be best to try on one plant and see if the leaves go brown / react before doing the whole crop. You'd probably need to wait two days to be sure though, and the Aphids may have had a field day by then?

angry
Nothing fits, it's all the wrong size and in the wrong place

Started by Lardman on Grow Your Own

23 Replies
Last post April 25, 2015, 11:52
by Goosegirl
xx
planting main crop potatoes in same place as finished early crop?

Started by aejonm on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 16, 2021, 11:41
by al78
xx
What have I done wrong

Started by robbodaveuk on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post June 22, 2008, 20:14
by gobs
xx
I know where I've gone wrong!

Started by sweet nasturtium on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post September 28, 2007, 23:17
by sweet nasturtium

Page created in 0.481 seconds with 36 queries.