autumn bliss - to chop or not?

• 2 Replies

bashful_badger

• Experienced Member
autumn bliss - to chop or not?
« on: April 18, 2011, 20:51 »
I planted some autumn bliss a couple of weeks ago, they looked particularly dead having been in a delivery bag for a week in my downstairs loo, sinful I know!!  Anyhow, I planted them not being very hopeful that they'd do anything other than keel over and die if by some miracle they hadn't already.

Did the scratch test today and the wood is distinctly green under the bark so three cheers for surviving my neglect!  But, the instructions were really quite vague, and so I just put them in, but was I suppose to chop them to ground level to encourage new growth or not?  I've never grown raspberries before and the instructions weren't very clear as the summer and autumn were different but you couldn't really decipher which was which.

Thank you if you answer my probably very tedious question for anyone who actually knows what they are doing :o)

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: autumn bliss - to chop or not?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 21:04 »
Be very nice to them and they'll probably be nice to you (i.e. with any luck they'll survive and you might even get a few berries off them this year; if you can get them going you can cut them down in winter and look forward to something much better next year.)  :)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

bashful_badger

• Experienced Member
Re: autumn bliss - to chop or not?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 22:10 »
One of them is growing :o))))

xx
Are there better Autumn raspberries than Autumn Bliss?

Started by Salmo on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post August 25, 2010, 07:35
by DD.
clip
Autumn Bliss

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post August 02, 2014, 06:53
by New shoot
clip
Autumn Bliss

11 Replies
Last post August 08, 2014, 15:16
by mdjlucan
clip
Autumn Bliss

10 Replies
Last post June 30, 2014, 10:45
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.435 seconds with 37 queries.