Neighbours complaining!!!

• 33 Replies

Paul Plots

Re: Neighbours complaining!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2011, 08:59 »
One of the neighbours 2 doors down has thrown his kitchen scraps into the back garden for the gulls for years.  When anyone has complained about the noise he says no-one is going to stop him feeding his birds, and I don't suppose there is much anyone can do about the gulls but they can make me get rid of my chickens.  :(

I am really sorry to hear that you have had to get rid to your chickens. I'd be more than upset if I kept them and the same happened to me.

I am pretty sure that, if feeding wild birds becomes a nuisance, there is something that can be done about it probably through environmental health.
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

jinty1911

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2011, 09:18 »
I don't mind him feeding the Gulls.  The more noise they make the less chance of anyone hearing my girls.   :D

Paul Plots

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2011, 15:57 »
I don't mind him feeding the Gulls.  The more noise they make the less chance of anyone hearing my girls.   :D

Good thinking bantam batman!!  :lol:

pink-chicken

• Experienced Member
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 19:33 »
Our Warrens can be VERY noisy. Mainly the two girls at the top of the pecking order. Are yours noisier if they spot you lurking? Hens are very clever and know that you equate to treats and other goodies. I now save the girls 'extras' for when they make a racket and know it's giving in to their demands but I would rather do that than have the din or worse still have to part with them. They get either their chopped baby spinach, tinned/frozen (thawed) corn, small amounts of cooked rice/pasta etc when at their loudest and spaced out throughout the day and it does quieten them down. They do get bored if not fully free ranging so anything edible that they can peck at sprinkled around the pen or cabbages/corn cobs hung up will help and I can put the washing out or get to the car without the need of ear defenders!  ;)

Jan.   

xx
Complaining neighbour

Started by woodburner on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post December 23, 2008, 16:00
by poultrygeist
xx
Neighbours cats?! Help!

Started by kirstie1978 on The Hen House

19 Replies
Last post January 13, 2011, 10:11
by Jeanette
xx
Noise and Neighbours

Started by digby on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post February 15, 2008, 20:11
by Fat Hen
xx
neighbours dog killing chickens

Started by dalesman on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post March 24, 2009, 20:16
by cathangirl

Page created in 0.602 seconds with 36 queries.