should I re worm ?

• 2 Replies

wolverine

• Experienced Member
should I re worm ?
« on: April 17, 2011, 11:09 »
I flubenveted my girls about 6 weeks ago but one hen appears to be gapeing like a cat that's got a fur ball ! could this be gape worm even if they have been wormed could it be something else ? should I re worm I have flubenvet and also some ivermectin Ive never used but could try that
what do you think ?
"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it."

PaulineM

Re: should I re worm ?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 12:37 »
I think if it was the first time they were wormed a repeated treatment is recommended, although I wouldn't argue that this was right.  ::)
Are you sure that the gaping is not just your girl passing the food from her crop to her stomach, as they can open their mouths wide and stretch their necks when they do this.  :)
1 Hubby, 2 children, 2 Welsummers, 1 Leghorn Banty, 1 Wyandotte Banty, 1 Barnevelder, 2 Isa Brown, 1 Rhode Island, 1 Goldline,1 Maran, 2 Mottled Leghorns, 1 Leghorn cockerel & 2 Jack Russells

SoniaBA

• Experienced Member
Re: should I re worm ?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 21:04 »
My maran has been 'gaping' since we got her (nearly 3 months now) and i have Vermexed, Flubenvet'd and anti bio'd them all and she is still doing it. I had come here to ask if chickens formed habits but i think if they do that with their food, then its probs that. I knew if i looked i'd find it  :)

xx
Worm in egg

Started by sneezer on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post October 21, 2011, 15:02
by sneezer
xx
how often should you worm?

Started by jobson336 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 30, 2010, 19:31
by jobson336
xx
to worm or not to worm???

Started by Dawnuss on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 09, 2012, 22:36
by devonbarmygardener
xx
Should i worm now?

Started by HENrietta on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 20, 2009, 22:26
by HENrietta

Page created in 0.312 seconds with 36 queries.