Bella

• 9 Replies

jacko

Bella
« on: April 17, 2011, 10:32 »
well - update folks Bella lasted till Saturday but could not eat or walk - took her to vet's he was very kind - had her put to sleep and felt much better but very sad.
I was really upset at Hubby as I would have taken her much earlier and put her out of her misery sooner but he was reluctant and thought nature should take its course but that was horrible as she was starving to death really. (Big row and put my food down on Saturday) Anyway she is now buried under the Budleah tree in her favourite spot. I know it was just a chicken but can't believe how much I miss her bossy personality!!! She was a lovely addition to our garden and gave us lots of tasty eggs and lived until very rrecently a happy free range life!
Kathy

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Bella
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 10:36 »
sorry you lost her  :(. She wasn't just a chicken she was part of your family and will leave lots of lovely memories in your heart xx
Staffies are softer than you think.

Squiggly

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 11:53 »
Really sorry you've lost her, its amazing how quickly pets can become part of the family xx

bantam novice

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 14:16 »
So sorry to hear about Bella  :(
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

Beakybird

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 15:57 »
So sorry to hear about little Bella :( but it sounds like you did the right thing for her.

I've cried buckets when I've lost any of my little girls :( but, as they say, the amount of pain you feel is proportionate to the amount of love you felt.

jacko

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 18:22 »
HI thanks for all your replies - yes cried loads - miss her but glad she had a lovely time and she was at that age - must have been about or nearly 6 yrs old and I know chooks don't live that long although years ago I had a little game bantam I called her lettuce and she lived to be nearly 11 years old!!!
K

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 20:26 »
So sad, have you any photos of Bella.  You could post them on here as a tribute.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

jacko

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 16:52 »
Actually I do - how do I post them???
Kathy

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 17:16 »
Save your photo from the camera as you would normally. Click on it to open it then click on the icon at the bottom of the photo that opens it for editing. At the top of the screen click on "image" and where it says skew/stretch reduce the size from 100% to about 35% then save it, when you save it rename it so you don't confuse it with the original. Then when you do a post on the forum click on the "additions" and "browse" until you find your new photo. it will appear small on the page until someone clicks on it then it will enlarge. Hope this helps.
Sorry to hear about Bella but she was a good age and by the sounds of it had a good life with you.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 17:30 »

Page created in 0.359 seconds with 38 queries.