What Time Do Your Girls Go To Bed?

• 25 Replies

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Re: What Time Do Your Girls Go To Bed?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 15:10 »
Batts go fairly early depending on light levels, Blackrocks are dirty stop outs and tend wait till the last minute before bed, I normally pop over as it is getting dark to lock them up, they are in the run (fox proofed) well before dusk so basil cant get to them.

As regards locking them up, if they have a fox proof run, the weather is settled and not cold you could leave them to their own devices, if the coop is not secure then it really is a case of training some who is very reliable to sort them when your out.
The other option is the auto door opener/ closer, I hear they are very good and well worth the money.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

taximan

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 19:16 »
mine are normally all in by 8.00pm but the auto door was best 120.00 i ever spent

evie2

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 20:08 »
They're all in bed apart from Napoleon who's sitting on to of the feeder :D
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

SurreyLass

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 20:37 »
8.20pm again tonight!
I love it that when I close the door, they gently cluck and shuffle about, making themselves ready for a long nights sleep! Can you tell I havent had them long??!!

Springlands

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 20:57 »
My banties did not go to bed until 8.45 this evening. I swear that it was because they knew OH was out and that it was me who had to lock them up for the night.  ::) ::)

Jacinta

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 10:50 »
I've only had mine since Sunday, but they all stop what they're doing at 8.40pm and troop off to bed, straight on to their perch and eyes shut.  I really did expect it to be harder work than it is!  Then i do some poo picking in the run, refill with fresh garlicy water and lock up.  I've been getting up around 6am (shock horror!) to let them out, they sing me little songs and hover around my feet looking at me.  Think they know i'm the one with the food already.  After a coop poo pick, i drink yet more coffee and watch them mess about for an hour before work.  Think i'm getting the routine down.  Bring on the auto door opener though!

pekinpete

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 13:50 »
if mine have played up they get sent to bed with no tea,but normally i lock up about 8- 30 no i'm not mad but if you ask wife she would say YES !

Debsie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 08:26 »
mine go into the coop about 8.15 at the moment, they always go in the same order and poke their heads out of the door until I gently push them in so I can close the door.

Kathie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 08:43 »
Ours also have a set order that they go to bed in with the remaining exbatt going in first around 8pm atm. Snowy, the light sussex is always last and waits for one of us to go and encourage her in, last night it was 9.45.  All up this morning at 6.45!!
3 dogs now, 2 passed RIP Poppy and Paige, one wonderful husband and a new adventure on this wonderful island

SurreyLass

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 09:28 »
Oh I feel so naughty today! Went to friends for BBQ (and wine!) last night, and so had a bit of a sneaky oversleep this morning, and didnt get up to the girls till 7.45am ............. dont think they are talking to me. I usually feel bad at 7.00am, but 7.45 is naughty!

Kathie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 15:43 »
Rule number 1, when you live under my roof you live by my rules!! LOL :lol:

xx
what time do your girls go to bed?

Started by Porffor on The Hen House

18 Replies
Last post May 26, 2008, 21:29
by Porffor
xx
Picking My Girls up for the first time.

Started by Lakisha354 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post January 10, 2009, 09:43
by cathangirl
xx
Suggest you take time to look for red mite, when you put your girls to bed.

Started by Roughlee Handled on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post May 14, 2009, 14:08
by poultrygeist
xx
more girls

Started by Bobbie on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 25, 2009, 13:57
by Bobbie

Page created in 0.617 seconds with 28 queries.