Cursed

• 14 Replies

billathome65

• Experienced Member
Cursed
« on: April 08, 2011, 17:52 »
Why am I so cursed is some higher being trying to push me?? A few weeks back the ferrets got in my cold frame and decided to have a dig in my seed trays.

Then my wife drops a tray of strawberry seeds luckily they are coming through and the seeds in the cold frame had started too.

Today I let the ferrets out again with strict instructions to keep an eye on them. However my OH got carried away with the sun as I was digging the soil, and they took the opportunity again Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr all my seedlings scattered everywhere I had to sit for hours sifting through them all and re setting them I don't know if they will pull through but if not will I be too late to pot some more up? how long will it take before I can be sure the seedlings I re set are OK???

Seedlings where

Swede, Tomatoes, Cauliflower, Cabbage,  Beetroot, Broad beans.

A really nice day turned into a horrid day.

Cheers Bill
The best way to learn to do something is to do something.

gimli

Re: Cursed
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 18:28 »
 :(aww know how you feel we had high winds here last week and i had bought a nice cheap little greenhouse thingy to pop my seedling into and  :ohmy:i forgot to tie it up and over it went i lost the lot so sad :wacko:
gimli

MJS

• Winner - favourite sunflower photo of 2011
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 18:36 »
Awww, I'd be gutted.  :(  i think it's still early enough for any new sowings to catch up though? :unsure:

Plottered

• Still on the same list!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 19:01 »
i wouldnt wait id get sowing just in case, better to have to many that none if they all die on ya.
R.I.P Bobby Smiler Smith......love you always little fella.

prakash_mib

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 19:17 »
I have confidence on brassicas (if they have atleast one true leaf). they are very good on surviving on bare root for quite some time.
toms again are good survivors (true leaf theory applies here as well).
others I dont know ...
One kid is handful. Two kids.... Example for chaos theory. Hats off to my mum who managed three...

billathome65

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 19:31 »
These where the first leafs ????

Bill

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 19:37 »
Bill, the first leaves to open are seed leaves and  very plain in shape.
It is usually the 2nd leaves that shows what the plant actually is.

The difference between the first and 2nd pair of leaves is very noticeable when you grow tomatoes :)
that's why prakash says 'first true leaf'

billathome65

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 20:06 »
Ta I'm just hoping I managed to save some of them. I'm feeling quite dejected at the moment I have put all this hard work in and everything just seems to be going **** Up.

Bill

gazza975526570

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 20:09 »
something happens like this most years - i can guarantee the kids will pull most of the labels out of mine so i wont have clue what things are until they grow more

im sure youll end up with some nice plants in the end

billathome65

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 20:15 »
I'm hoping but checking another thread I just realised I got marestail in my front garden I'm just hoping it don't get through into the back.

It's just one thing after another today. ;) ;)

Time for a few cans of Lager if my daughter hasn't drank them all.  :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 20:18 by billathome65 »

foxi loxi

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 21:37 »
:(aww know how you feel we had high winds here last week and i had bought a nice cheap little greenhouse thingy to pop my seedling into and  :ohmy:i forgot to tie it up and over it went i lost the lot so sad :wacko:

I had the same thing happen last week so i decided to pop them all in to one big container and see what happens, up to now i have quite a few come through!

ferreter51

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 09:53 »
First rule of keeping ferrets - If they can get out of anything they are in then they will and if they can get into anything they are outside, then they will do that too.  A ferret is never happy where he or she is, they have to be somewhere else.

The second rule of keeping ferrets - if they cannot get into or out of anything, they will still try and more often than anyone might think possible, they will succeed.

I've kept the furry little buglers since I left the army and they still surprise me, so you have the sympathies of long experience.

8doubles

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 10:09 »
And when they get in or out they go completely nuts! :lol:

BabbyAnn

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 16:10 »
I've got well behind this year for some unknown reason, so I've only just sowed some brassicas and tomatoes this week, beetroot to be done later - so to be on the safe side, perhaps sow more and discard any that don't look up to scratch.  Swede doesn't need to be sowed until about May anyway  :)

billathome65

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 18:40 »
First rule of keeping ferrets - If they can get out of anything they are in then they will and if they can get into anything they are outside, then they will do that too.  A ferret is never happy where he or she is, they have to be somewhere else.

The second rule of keeping ferrets - if they cannot get into or out of anything, they will still try and more often than anyone might think possible, they will succeed.

I've kept the furry little buglers since I left the army and they still surprise me, so you have the sympathies of long experience.

I had 13 at one time all rescue ferrets Now I'm down to 3 young girls.  So I take on board what you say  :D :D :D :D

Page created in 0.448 seconds with 38 queries.