Virgin Growers...! (with daft questions)

• 3 Replies

mikehorne

Virgin Growers...! (with daft questions)
« on: April 07, 2011, 17:20 »
Hello everyone.

Ok Virgin gardeners here ...... PLEASE BE GENTLE WITH ME

We have a small house, small patio (4m x 3m) lawn (4m x 4m) I have been given a Kingfisher Greenhouse 143cmx73cmx195cm. We have some marmande tomatoes, carmen red onions & jalpeno pepper we bought from our local pound shop, there all growing well on the window sill in the kitchen, we also have some wild fragaria vesca strawberries & corno de torro sweet red pepper which are just peeking to life in little 4 x 6 propagators. We are intending eventually to plant the fruits of our labour in my fathers garden or use pots and grow them in our garden.

Although we are not expecting great things of the above its more a test, are we heading in the right direction, last year we failed miserably as the slugs got to our veg that we inadvertently left out overnight, this year we taking advice and going from there.

So any help, or recommendations to steer us in the right direction would be grateful.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Virgin Growers...! (with daft questions)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 17:26 »
Hello and welvome to the forum, Ive moved your post over to 'grow your own', so your question gets answered  :)

Chrysalis

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 18:13 »
Hello and welcome to the site.  Ask away!  But also check the articles in Growing Help...
 We used to have some veg at home and some at OH's mum's.  Too much hassle! It's all here now and we keep turning over more of the garden to veggies.  Just the sweetcorn at OH's now...  It's a bit addictive, this gardening lark ;) :happy: :D

LivvyW

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 19:38 »
No question too daft Mike. sounds like your doing great already. I think you'll find people here will be very gentle with you.  Do make use of the searches available, there is a ton of useful information on here without even having to ask a question..

Not sure if your asking about the things your growing, but iwould agree with Chrysalis, keep your veg close by, gaze at it every day and you'll learn the most.

Your toms, and both peppers will be best under cover (your greenhouse is there is room)
Your onions and strawbs will be happy outside, even now. Neither are put off by the cold.

I don't remember ever having slug damage on onions so they are safe in the ground, the strawbs will be happy in pots.

Go out at dusk and pick off the slugs and 'dispatch' as you see fit.

Good luck,keep reading this site,you'll be fine.
Liv.

xx
Raspberries some daft questions

Started by jo.power on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post August 06, 2007, 10:06
by jo.power
xx
Potatoes - a few daft questions?

Started by Bluedave on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post January 12, 2010, 17:02
by mumofstig
xx
Daft newbie PSB Questions

Started by Brian_of_Bozeat on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 23, 2008, 22:47
by gardengran
xx
Back with my daft questions sorry!

Started by shamina on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post August 02, 2007, 09:16
by shamina

Page created in 0.487 seconds with 29 queries.