Cold blooded murder

• 37 Replies

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Re: Cold blooded murder
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 22:13 »
Sarajane my OH did the same with my pumps. They werent that big though!  I still bug him about it now.

This year I have placed a cane at the end of every line of plants/sowed seeds and told him to stay away from them.  I'll do the hoeing until he learns  :D
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

billathome65

• Experienced Member
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 22:34 »
perhaps you could negotiate for 1 windowledge....rather than have none at all  ;)

You should have seen the icy look I just got for asking.  :D :D
The best way to learn to do something is to do something.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2011, 19:45 »
I have developed a particularly fine technique for successfully hoeing bean plants on the lotty ...  :ohmy: 8)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2011, 19:52 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its a special skill

snowdrops

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2011, 19:53 »
I save it for when I hoe onions!
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Elaine G

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2011, 23:15 »
I am an expert at hoeing parsnips  :nowink:
Last year I put my little leek seedlings out into a cold frame. A squirrel got in overnight - and then there were none  :(

Elaine
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

bailey

• Experienced Member
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2011, 10:43 »
a couple of years ago my 2 boys watched me planting seed pots, they asked if they could dig a hole and plant some spuds too?  yes i said and told them to find an area that they could lookafter by themselves and maybe plant other things too... i pointed out a few places they could do this,, so off they went with a couple of spades and the excitment talk of their very own veg patch... i carried on and then stated moving seedlings from the house to the polytunnel, i grow alot of my seed in the big polystyrene boxes, well we dont exactly have a path from house to poly its just walking across the soil,, well you all know whats coming, i did,nt and went staright down the hole my kids had lovenly dug destroying a box full of tom seedlings in the process, the kids thought it was hilarious and wanted me to do it agin so they could film it and send it off to tv...

billathome65

• Experienced Member
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2011, 12:28 »
a couple of years ago my 2 boys watched me planting seed pots, they asked if they could dig a hole and plant some spuds too?  yes i said and told them to find an area that they could lookafter by themselves and maybe plant other things too... i pointed out a few places they could do this,, so off they went with a couple of spades and the excitment talk of their very own veg patch... i carried on and then stated moving seedlings from the house to the polytunnel, i grow alot of my seed in the big polystyrene boxes, well we dont exactly have a path from house to poly its just walking across the soil,, well you all know whats coming, i did,nt and went staright down the hole my kids had lovenly dug destroying a box full of tom seedlings in the process, the kids thought it was hilarious and wanted me to do it agin so they could film it and send it off to tv...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

xx
Chitting Potatoes- Potential spud murder?

Started by Silva on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post February 24, 2018, 16:22
by Silva
xx
How cold is too cold for spuds in the shed?

Started by Nobbie on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post December 21, 2022, 20:33
by Nobbie
xx
That's Cold!!

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post May 17, 2008, 07:21
by DD.
xx
Cold tea

Started by Beetroot queen on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post June 06, 2013, 21:46
by Beetroot queen

Page created in 0.425 seconds with 28 queries.