Cold blooded murder

• 37 Replies

billathome65

• Experienced Member
Cold blooded murder
« on: April 03, 2011, 16:14 »
I went to the shop earlier to pick up some stuff for the wife and when I got back my wife informed me that she had dropped the strawberry seeds that had just started germinating on the window sill.

How can she live with herself knowing she has murdered the first things I have started to grow???

Will I ever get over the heartache knowing my wife has murdered my babies??

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  :( :( :( :(

Rest in peace little strawberry's

Bill
The best way to learn to do something is to do something.

Trillium

Re: Cold blooded murder
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 16:16 »
Get used to it, big guy. It's only the first of many   :D

Lottie Mary

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 16:17 »
All is not lost, Bill - is there any way you could salvage them?  If not, I'm sure you can start off some more soon.  You'll just have to find it in your heart to forgive your wife  ;)

gillie

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 17:11 »
Haven't we all dropped a seed tray?  Pick the wreckage up carefully and put it back together as best you can and mist it over. 

Most of the plantlets will survive.

compostqueen

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 17:21 »
I am in complete sympathy here as my husband is a wrecker of all things mine from seedlings to teapots to terracotta planters. Nothing is safe  :mad:  I once potted up three tomato plants in their final pots and he severed their heads with one flick of the lawnmower cable. 

If I point things out to him that must be cherished I can guarantee it will be doomed  :nowink:

Lottie Mary

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 17:26 »
I am in complete sympathy here as my husband is a wrecker of all things mine from seedlings to teapots to terracotta planters. Nothing is safe  :mad:  I once potted up three tomato plants in their final pots and he severed their heads with one flick of the lawnmower cable. 

Is it better to have a destructive OH, or one who is not even interested enough to be destructive??  Mine's the latter!  I proudly show him my lovingly cared for seedlings and he couldn't care less! ::)
Which is a shame because I could do with some help on the allotment!

compostqueen

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 17:30 »
I get no help either but I've got used to it. He's such a klutz so I'm quite relieved  :D

It is good to have hobbies to share but you can't have everything I suppose. It makes you envy other folks who share cooking and enjoy being in the kitchen together or working together on the plot.  We plough a lonely furrow  :D

Nige2Plots

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 17:32 »
It's the cat in our house! Seed Trays are not indoor toilets :ohmy: :ohmy:

plum crumble

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 17:52 »
It's the cat in our house! Seed Trays are not indoor toilets :ohmy: :ohmy:

I don't have this problem. Luckily OH is toilet trained and Ted the cat is too old to jump up!!!  :lol:
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

fatbelly

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 18:26 »
Our Dog Murphy loves Veg, any type of Veg he will eat them all.
I have my Maincrop Desiree chitting in the garage, when the other day he came into the house eating something, I didn't really take too much notice but then he came in again. So this time I checked and yes he was happily munching through my Seed Pots one at a time.

Thankfully he only got two and I have plenty to plant.

Here is the blighter with our Cat, trying to look all innocent.

99% Organic and 1% Slug Pellets.

Allotment holder since 27th May 2007.

daisy1990

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 18:55 »
I presume from their comfortable chair that they have you trained to sit on the floor!!

my husband is also hopeless, he pulls up plants (usually precious things) whilst weeding, carries them to where I am and says 'is this a weed?'
3 dogs, 8 chickens, 4 rabbits 2 guinea pigs, 10 quail, 2 fish and a demanding daughter who has gone to uni and left me with 29 animals to care for!!=)

lacewing

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 19:10 »
My first batch of tomatoes were growing on nicely, in their individual pots, on the top shelve of the greenhouse. I reached up to take the tray down, hit the bar holding the shelve up and the whole lot went crashing to the floor. I stood there looking at the mess for awhile,  then walked out, shut the greenhouse door, went indoors and did not go near the greenhouse again that day. I felt a bit better about starting all over again the next day.
There is no better show of antisipation than a man sowing seeds in a field.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 19:43 »
I've just picked up from the floor 3 pots which had had leek seeds sowed in them, they'd fallen over in the little plastic greenhouse (to be fair it's the first casualties I've had in there in years).

Put some more seeds in them and topped them up.  Goodness only knows which variety of leeks will eventually germinate  ::) ???
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

upert

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 20:33 »
whispers *she did it on purpose*

compostqueen

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 22:38 »
Your doggy looks totally innocent of all charges  :)  Sure it wasn't the cat  ;)

Daisy - that sounds very familiar  :nowink:

It's heartbreaking when you lose a tray of seedlings isn't it. When all you've worked for and nurtured comes crashing down either because of the cat, the wind, the ramshackle staging or just precariously balanced trays.  We've all been there but it never gets any easier

We will still do it all again next year though  :)

xx
Chitting Potatoes- Potential spud murder?

Started by Silva on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post February 24, 2018, 16:22
by Silva
xx
How cold is too cold for spuds in the shed?

Started by Nobbie on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post December 21, 2022, 20:33
by Nobbie
xx
Cold tea

Started by Beetroot queen on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post June 06, 2013, 21:46
by Beetroot queen
xx
Is it too cold????

Started by Pumpkin10 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post May 23, 2008, 16:53
by gobs

Page created in 0.535 seconds with 37 queries.