How to attach photos

• 6 Replies

Chickway

How to attach photos
« on: March 30, 2011, 08:28 »
I am so eager to attach some photos of my partridge cochin chicks and also I have some buff orpingtons and lavendar araucanas hatching on mothers day so would love to post some pictures.

Can someone give me some help with this, I have an apple imac if that makes any difference.

Many thanks.
Chickway

Casey76

Re: How to attach photos
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 10:02 »
Do you have a photobucket account?  It's free, and one of the easiest photostorage websites I have used.

Once you have your photobucket account, go into "my account" and select "account settings" then click on the greenbutton for "upload options" Select 640 x 480 - don't worry you only have to do this once.  Selecting this size of photo means that the photos will never be too big to be posted on any forum *yay*

OK, now that you have that set up...

In your main album (which will be empty) click on the "upload now" green button, and select the photos from your hard or portable drive on the cumputer.  You can select multiple files at once.  They take a few minutes to upload, depending on yout internet connection.  You can then add a title, or click on the "go to my album" button.

Then you have comething like thiss:

To post a photo on the forum, click in the bottom yellow box, and then paste the code into the message box in the forum

the code will look a bit like: [ IMG ] http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/oconnka4/Misc/PBhelp.jpg [ / IMG ]

And then you're off.  In the message box, you will only see the code, and the picture will not appear until the post has been posted and you view it :)

HTH and is not too garbled :D

Chickway

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 19:04 »
Many many thanks Casey I am going to try now if I get stuck I will email post again.  I will try to post some pictures when they hatched and then post some more now 6 weeks on.  xxx

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 19:29 »
Casey's described it very well but if you need more info there's a thread on it here:
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=19476.0
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Chickway

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 19:31 »
Thanks for that but luckily for me Casey did explain it well for me and I have managed to upload some photos of my partridge cochin chicks.  It does not take much to confuse me, once Casey explained it it was very simple.  Its knowing where to start.  Thank you all there will be no stopping me now. ha ha  :D

PaulineM

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 11:05 »
Thanks Casey I now can upload pics although it still took me a while to work it out.  :wacko:
Yorkie's link helped too  :blink:
I was trying to paste the code into the attachment bit of the messages but now know that it just goes directly under the message  :)
1 Hubby, 2 children, 2 Welsummers, 1 Leghorn Banty, 1 Wyandotte Banty, 1 Barnevelder, 2 Isa Brown, 1 Rhode Island, 1 Goldline,1 Maran, 2 Mottled Leghorns, 1 Leghorn cockerel & 2 Jack Russells

Chickway

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 17:36 »
Pauline M.  That was where I was going wrong too, trying to paste the code into the attachment box.  I am known as the malteser to family and friends. ha ha :lol:

xx
Photos =)

Started by Mulberry1990 on Chicken Chat

10 Replies
Last post November 27, 2010, 16:09
by Foghorn-Leghorn
xx
photos

Started by peter and jean on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post May 21, 2012, 16:36
by arugula
xx
Photos from iPhone

Started by Andrew4613 on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post January 05, 2012, 08:27
by snowdrops
xx
Woo! I have three new girlies :) now with photos ;)

Started by Casey76 on Chicken Chat

15 Replies
Last post November 22, 2010, 09:09
by Casey76

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 29 queries.