glyphosphate.....when and how ??

• 34 Replies

Dominic

Re: glyphosphate.....when and how ??
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2011, 15:21 »
its only a 1x4 metre patch, so cost isnt a huge problem, if I have to do it again, oh well.
We use chemicals in this garden, just as god intended

Snoop

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2011, 17:14 »
Took my plot on October 10, parts of it were not to bad but 50% was dandelions, brambles, bind weed and couch grass, though i want to be as chemical free as possible, i had no compunction in spraying the nasties with Roundup. Its cleared 95% of the weeds just some dandelions have survived, but that was down to me spraying too late in the year. Thoroughly recommend, it will make your life a lot easier, and get you growing quicker. :D

Brambles, it works on brambles? I hadn't thought it would work on them. I've got loads to get rid of. I'll have to try it. Thanks for mentioning that.

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2011, 18:21 »
For Brambles I think you would be better off with SBK (although it looks like it might need 6 weeks from application to planting)

http://www.vitax.co.uk/index.php/area/home-garden/weed-disease-control/sbk-brushwood-killer-2/

fredhogg

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2011, 22:20 »
Kristen is right,vitax brushwood killer would be better if you have serious brambles.Mine were small recent growth the roundup knocked them back but i've still dug them out.And with past experience, will not be surprised to see them again,they go deep!!

Snoop

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2011, 12:25 »
Thanks, Kristen and fredhogg. Have taken ingredient details and will see what I can find round this part of the world. These brambles have been growing for donkeys years, at least 20 to my knowledge. Digging them out is hard work, as the main roots seem almost as hard as stone. And it's impossible to get the lot out as they go down so far.

xx
Will Glyphosphate help me?

Started by Judd on Grow Your Own

21 Replies
Last post May 08, 2012, 21:07
by Judd
xx
glyphosphate on brambels

Started by vegypete on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post October 09, 2012, 12:07
by PAULW
xx
DIY dye for glyphosphate spraying.

Started by Little Flower on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 15, 2023, 17:17
by Candide

Page created in 0.408 seconds with 37 queries.