Can you grow strawberries in a growbag?

• 20 Replies

Ma and Pa Snip

Re: Can you grow strawberries in a growbag?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 16:31 »
Bill

We have strawberry plants coming out of our ears here, most are looking very much alive and kicking but a few look dried up and dead. But..........

Looks can be deceptive, close investigation often shows just the slightest hint they are coming out of dormancy.

Hope you have more than one plant though as you are not going to end up learning how to make strawberry jam with just one plant I doubt.

Unless otherwise stated it can be assumed ALL posts are by Pa Snip

billathome65

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 16:38 »
Thanks for the advice just shot down and spread the roots and changed the depth. Lets hope they come through.

Bill
The best way to learn to do something is to do something.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 18:48 »
I planted a runner I bought from ASDA the other day and checked today to see it was dead should I have covered with black plastic or flees? I asked this elsewhere before planting but got no reply so just went and planted with fingers crossed. Think I will Google more rather than relying on the one site.

cheers Bill

May I make a suggestion?

You posted your request at 1243 am, and there were 4 other questions in the same long thread.  You then planted the strawberry out later that day, according to your later posts.

My suggestion is that you separate out your different questions about different plants into separate posts.  When you are asking multiple questions about multiple growing issues in many posts, with the best will in the world some will get overlooked.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 19:40 »
Very good advice Yorkie.

billathome65

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 20:28 »
Point taken will do.

I think I hijacked this thread sorry the answer to the original posters question seems to be a resounding yes you can plant strawberries in grow bags and old boots tyres plan tpots direct into soil but probably not in the ocean or on the moon  :D :D :D :D

Lets hope I get more luck with my strawberries and before I forget the question was asked if I bought more than 1 strawberry plant? The jam will have to wait until I am more competent at growing my own stuff.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

billathome65

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 15:04 »
Bought a couple more Strawberry's today and planted with the other one I decided to take more precaution with these ones and so cut down some large coca cola bottles and have put them over them to act like mini greenhouses, don't know if that will help protect them but it's a learning game for me at the moment.

Cheers Bill

xx
Tomato watering in "grow pot" growbag question

Started by jsgreen89 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 02, 2011, 12:41
by Nikkithefoot
xx
Strawberries and where to grow them

Started by simonwatson on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post July 07, 2015, 10:48
by LottyLouis
xx
Which Strawberries to grow?

Started by Kajazy on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post August 26, 2011, 23:39
by JohnB47
xx
Another way to grow strawberries (with pics)

Started by aelf on Grow Your Own

83 Replies
Last post May 15, 2012, 22:33
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.799 seconds with 36 queries.