Anti red mite smoke bombs

• 2 Replies

Helenaj

Anti red mite smoke bombs
« on: February 04, 2011, 10:11 »
Having a look for anti red mite products in readiness for the unceasing battle against the little devils, I came across an Ebay site selling insect killing fume "bombs" which are good for red mite -
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-MIDI-FOREFOG-FUMER-CONTROLS-RED-MITE-FLEAS-LICE-/110643621198?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Poultry&hash=item19c2dfad4e (Sorry, you may need to copy the link into your browser)

Has anyone ever tried these and are they effective? For the size of my coop I'd need 3 of them, but it would be worth the outlay if it works. Obviously with lice, you'd need to treat your hens at the same time to prevent them bringing the infestation back in with them.

ehs284

Re: Anti red mite smoke bombs
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 17:26 »
Well, the seller can't spell and you can get the same product elsewhere for same or lower price (see Amazon).
It's permethrin and I've used it quite often for fleas and flies in houses. It works well for quick knock down, but you will still need to have some residual protection such as Ficam and/or diatomaceous earth slurry paint because the amount deposited on surfaces is negligible. Probably not the best idea for red mites unless you can spend £5 a day through the summer, suggest the Ficam/slurry approach is more practical.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Anti red mite smoke bombs
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 20:07 »
to be effective you would also have to seal the coop so the smoke can get into all the nooks and crannies without escaping.
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
smoke bomb red mite

Started by kegs on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 02, 2011, 10:03
by farmerGiles
xx
has anyone used smoke bomb to get rid of mite problem

Started by Rita on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post September 30, 2011, 15:43
by Topscaff
xx
anti mite spray

Started by ceri green on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post August 01, 2009, 21:45
by broodyhen
xx
Smoke

Started by beth123 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post January 11, 2011, 20:23
by beth123

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 38 queries.