Eeeeeeek! - Complete greenhouse disaster!

• 3 Replies

Bev

• Experienced Member
Eeeeeeek! - Complete greenhouse disaster!
« on: February 02, 2011, 22:29 »
Oh I thought I was doing so well. I read on this board how to dismantle a greenhouse, I even posted a topic for further tips - thanks folks!

I secured my greenhouse on E-bay. Set off all prepared at the crack of dawn. It took us all day to dismantle and get home but we did really well not breaking any glass or anything.

Having been trying to put it together again this week we have become certain that one of the corner pieces of frame has jumped out of the trailer on the way home. We definately did not leave one there and we definately have not lost it at home any way I have retraced our journey a few times and can not see it by the road side so I am afraid it is definately gone.

I am absolutley gutted, it seems like such a big project with my baby and toddler helping and husband only available for 1/2 a day a weekend.

Does anyone know if it possible to salvage a greenhouse with a corner missing or is this one for the tip and back to square one?

Have all my seeds arriving in the post this week  :) and conscious that I need to get greenhouse operational soon.

Oh if only I had tied everything down even more! I thought it was all tied on well enough!

Bev

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Eeeeeeek! - Complete greenhouse disaster!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 08:51 »
Bit difficult to picture which piece you are referring to (without a picture!)

Various types of aluminium moulding are available even from the likes of B&Q so I can only suggest that perhaps some creative DIY with some suitable pieces could rescue the situation.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

RichardA

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 10:35 »
Have you got an identical corner to use as a model -- if so try local window companies or  small engineering works or even blacksmith or local joiner or someone with the right DIY skills, even perhaps a car repairer. Its houdl not be difficult to bend or drill or make something that woudl do the job.
R

savbo

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 15:18 »
definitely get a pic of the equivalent bit and post it...peeps here will have ideas! It is definitely salvageable...

xx
Shed base? (complete ameuteur)

Started by Francozeb on Design and Construction

11 Replies
Last post February 17, 2021, 09:08
by Subversive_plot
xx
Disaster

Started by bobsbooth on Design and Construction

6 Replies
Last post February 20, 2013, 18:46
by snow white
xx
Greenhouse - which one ?

Started by scentedstock on Design and Construction

1 Replies
Last post March 05, 2008, 17:26
by Lee1978
xx
Greenhouse up

Started by AdsaM on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post November 19, 2008, 16:41
by poultrygeist

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 37 queries.