peas in a gutter

• 31 Replies

bigben

Re: peas in a gutter
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2011, 20:20 »
Last year I tried sowing peas in a length of gutter in a cold frame and came back to a line of perfect holes - it almost made me laugh. I then planted direct and discovered the same thing happening. After deciding that this was war I replanted direct and sprayed the ground with a dilute solution of "Dave's insanity sauce" - an extra hot chilli sauce I got from Asda. The mice left the peas alone after that. I have been told that it probably just masked the smell but I hope they suffered what I suffered when I first tried to eat the stuff!  :tongue2:

Ma and Pa Snip

Re: peas in a gutter
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2011, 21:06 »
Last year I tried sowing peas in a length of gutter in a cold frame and came back to a line of perfect holes - it almost made me laugh. I then planted direct and discovered the same thing happening. After deciding that this was war I replanted direct and sprayed the ground with a dilute solution of "Dave's insanity sauce" - an extra hot chilli sauce I got from Asda. The mice left the peas alone after that. I have been told that it probably just masked the smell but I hope they suffered what I suffered when I first tried to eat the stuff!  :tongue2:

:D You wait, you'll find out if and when you grow any chilli's. You've probably just weaned them on to a different diet   :D
Unless otherwise stated it can be assumed ALL posts are by Pa Snip

xx
Peas in Gutter Pipe

Started by Jim T on Grow Your Own

21 Replies
Last post March 22, 2007, 00:27
by Redwellies
grin
Growing In The Gutter

Started by Fire2920 on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post September 08, 2010, 22:10
by evie2
xx
Gutter planting

Started by Chuffy on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post December 25, 2008, 20:17
by Yabba
xx
Pickling Onions in Gutter?

Started by Arls0308 on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 04, 2008, 16:55
by Arls0308

Page created in 2.521 seconds with 36 queries.