Jeyes fluid and lime how to use

• 4 Replies

cammi

• Experienced Member
Jeyes fluid and lime how to use
« on: January 24, 2011, 15:47 »
i have read alot of people 'rinse' the bottom of their runs with jeyes, what strenghth do you use and do you have to keep the chooks off it for a while.

Same question for lime powder really, do you sprinkle it on top or dig it in, how far down do you have to dig and again do you have to keep the girls off, which would be a problem for me as my run isnt big enough to close half off really

how often do these need doing

Again thanks for your help
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 19:53 by cammi »
11 Chickens (Rhode Rock, Bluebell, Copper Black, Columbine, Coucou, Mystery Hen, Clarance Court, Araucana, brown hen ) , 3 Cats (1 mog, 1 bengal, 1 Bengal x),  2 Little Boys, 1 dog (Golden Retriever) and 1 Husband

inchhighfly

Re: Jeyes fluid and lime how to use
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 14:09 »
haven't tried jeyes but I do like lime!!

I have just limed my growers pen ready for the new season. I rake it in  lightly and then water it in (if the pen in covered) and then I tend to leave it at least 6 weeks before putting the birds in - I do belive there is a product you can use without removing the birds - will have to look int it and get back to you............

cammi

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 17:25 »
haven't tried jeyes but I do like lime!!

I have just limed my growers pen ready for the new season. I rake it in  lightly and then water it in (if the pen in covered) and then I tend to leave it at least 6 weeks before putting the birds in - I do belive there is a product you can use without removing the birds - will have to look int it and get back to you............

Oh that would be good, many thanks.  I will await your return ::)

inchhighfly

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 19:57 »
Can't find the ad but I think it's by Nettex and it called something like ground sanitiser...... if i remember rightly though it is a bit pricey ( as is everything at the mo). Hope this helps. Is there nowhere you can move them to so you can rest the area?

cammi

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 20:49 »
thanks for that i've have a google.

No unfortunately not, have a modern estate size garden so not huge :(  Also have two young boys who take up the rest of the garden, plus we have fox proofed it and pinned it all to the ground.  so it has to stay put

xx
jeyes fluid

Started by walker on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 03, 2010, 09:58
by walker
xx
Jeyes fluid

Started by treecol on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 02, 2009, 19:43
by sunshineband
xx
Jeyes Fluid

Started by Blondie on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post June 05, 2007, 14:49
by muntjac
xx
Jeyes Fluid

Started by shell on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post July 08, 2009, 22:47
by Foxy

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 36 queries.