Bluebell's unwell

• 4 Replies

Oakdalebirds

Bluebell's unwell
« on: January 21, 2011, 18:14 »
Ok Gang

Bluebell is unwell, she's 2 years old had just started to lay after a long moult and now has gone very slow,sulky and with loose runny almost white poo.

I have started with Flubenvent today (it was finally deliverd this afternoon)so she will recieve it in her feed tomorrow. All six girls will recieve the wormer iver the next week.
she has been eating if in moderation and drinks when she can be botherd.

However how long will the wormer  take to work ?

I have read about coccsi !!! is it beneficial to order this and try her on on it for a few days ?

I can seperate her if needed and place her in a old coop i have in the garage, would that be of any use?

Any help please

hillfooter

Re: Bluebell's unwell
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 18:30 »
I wouldn't worm her if she's not well and really this doesn't sound like worms or cocci which usually has blood in the droppings.  Unless you are sure she has worms giving flubenvet won't help and could make things worse.

It could be many things.  Does she have a temperature, feel bloated underneath.  Does she walk oddly (waddling or in an upright penguin stance, are the eggs normal and is she continuing to lay?.  How old is she?  if you can keep her somewhere warm and quiet that might help but if she deteriorates or doesn't pickup over the weekend a vets visit maybe  best.
HF
Truth through science.

Oakdalebirds

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 18:38 »
Thanks HF

I have felt her today and she seems to have lost abit of weight , stopped laying 2 week back, not wobbly just stands there looking sorry for her self.

I will have a trip to the vets if she dosnt pick up by monday but thanks for the help

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 18:42 »
I would try the vets tomorrow rather than Monday as they go downhill very quickly  :(
Staffies are softer than you think.

hillfooter

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 18:48 »
Yes I agree with Joy.   I thought you said she had just started laying but now you say she has stopped 2 weeks ago.  That's quite an important difference.  She could be egg bound and have developed Egg Yolk Peritonitis a very serious condition which needs urgent antibiotics.  I'd get her to the vet tomorrow if possible.  If it is EYP and it takes hold the prospects aren't good.

HF

xx
bluebell

Started by teal on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post June 04, 2012, 18:32
by joyfull
xx
my Bluebell isn't very chicken like :0/

Started by rosie14 on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post December 09, 2011, 07:05
by Tony H
question
Bluebell cockerel

Started by Xxluke11xX on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post August 23, 2010, 09:03
by Casey76
xx
bluebell hens

Started by sussexchook on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 12, 2013, 23:09
by GrannieAnnie

Page created in 0.345 seconds with 36 queries.