no eggs yet :(

• 5 Replies

emotion-2003

• Experienced Member
no eggs yet :(
« on: January 19, 2011, 18:51 »
hi
i register a few days ago but i am reading the forum long time.i bought 5 warrens 2 weeks ago.seller lady told me ''they are point of laying pullets.they might produce eggs in this moth.because they are 20 weeks old''.i am waiting for 2 weeks and no sign for laying eggs  yet.
what do you recommend for me?
thanks
okti

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: no eggs yet :(
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 22:09 »
hi and welcome. Point of lay just means they may lay soon - warrens can lay anytime from 17 weeks upto 30 weeks. There is nothing to speed this up, but a sure sign is when their comb gets bright red and they start to squat and patter their feet on the ground when you get close to them, please note not all will do the squating - but all warrens combs will go red when they get close to laying  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

TeaPots

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 22:15 »
might still be a bit bit cold/dark for them, but I'm sure you wont have to wait too long :)

Be aware that while they are learners, you could expect to get some very strange eggs to begin with, :-tiny (even marble size, huge double yolkers, eggs with no yolk, or even no shell(softies) but they very soon settle into the routine.

If you pop something like a golf ball into the nestbox where you want them to lay, it helps them to know what is expected. After a few weeks, there will be no looking back  :D

emotion-2003

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 17:06 »
thanks for your reply  :)

Chrysalis

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 18:59 »
When they start it'll be great!  Send us a photo!!  I use my first egg picture (well, Wilma's actually) as a screen saver.....

Our blackrock goes into pacing mode when she's about to lay - up and down the wire like a demented thing..... but red comb is a dead giveaway.  Good luck!

emotion-2003

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 19:14 »
When they start it'll be great!  Send us a photo!!  I use my first egg picture (well, Wilma's actually) as a screen saver.....

Our blackrock goes into pacing mode when she's about to lay - up and down the wire like a demented thing..... but red comb is a dead giveaway.  Good luck!

i ll send the photos.hope they ll start laying soon :)

Page created in 0.598 seconds with 37 queries.