What I did on the plot today - 2011

• 2810 Replies

Gandan57

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2011
« Reply #840 on: March 27, 2011, 12:49 »
Planted the third and last sowing of broad beans, (Karmazyn), and the first of three sowings of peas, (Canoe).

Did a little bit  of finger and thumb weeding. Now I know you`ll all laugh and scoff, but I like to spend a few minutes looking at my growing crops and when I see a little weed seedling next to an onion say it gets the individual finger and thumb treatment.

:)
I`m left handed, what`s your excuse?

Doddy

• Always learning
« Reply #841 on: March 27, 2011, 12:57 »
So far, set a new bed (need to persuade the wife to sieve the soil back into it). Planted some 2yr asparagus. Little bit of weeding then transplanting seedlings to pots (various). Planted the last 6 broad-beans in the packet into pots (earlier ones outside have had variable success).

Back for lunch, and to persuade the missus to get dressed and give me a hand.

Beautiful day outside!

grendel

« Reply #842 on: March 27, 2011, 13:44 »
feel like I should be down the plot, but felt unwell last night 4pm to bed and slept right through, woke with my back in agony, so theres no way I will be digging today.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

Springlands

« Reply #843 on: March 27, 2011, 15:43 »
Planted the third and last sowing of broad beans, (Karmazyn), and the first of three sowings of peas, (Canoe).

Did a little bit  of finger and thumb weeding. Now I know you`ll all laugh and scoff, but I like to spend a few minutes looking at my growing crops and when I see a little weed seedling next to an onion say it gets the individual finger and thumb treatment.

Grandan57 - I do exactly the same. Especially around delicate crops. There is something really relaxing about it.

billathome65

• Experienced Member
« Reply #844 on: March 27, 2011, 16:29 »
Decided to take up the narrower part of the garden for Potatoes bought it home to me today how little space I have so every spare area is being used as well as planters.

But I suppose I am lucky to have some space many don't have any....
The best way to learn to do something is to do something.

MJS

• Winner - favourite sunflower photo of 2011
« Reply #845 on: March 27, 2011, 17:17 »
Had to go to B&Q, so that, and losing an hour, took time out of the day :( Spread some more bark on our chill out area and tidied up. Would have liked to paint the shed, but have too much stuff to do at home. did manage to plant some tomato, basil and moonbeam squash seeds at home though, so I feel like i haven't totally wasted the day. ::)

Hope you feel better soon Grendel.

mikem

• Experienced Member
« Reply #846 on: March 27, 2011, 17:20 »

I won't scoff at the weeding but I would at being a Leeds supporter!  Don't mean it really.  :D

Paul Plots

« Reply #847 on: March 27, 2011, 19:35 »
3pm until so dark I couldn't see.  ;)  :)

A lovely afternoon and evening rotovating and getting ready for planting. Nearly all tidy and ready for the off.  :happy:

Today I ached gently  ::)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

gazza975526570

• Experienced Member
« Reply #848 on: March 27, 2011, 20:36 »
Well worked for 7 hours then went down the allotment, picked some leeks and my first crop of rhubard (got hom made a crumble - all gone!!!!!)

Sowed some more lettuce and concentrated on some flowers as for the first time im using a piece for cut flowers

Daz26

« Reply #849 on: March 27, 2011, 20:43 »
Forked out a patch for my parsnips,beetroot and anything else i can fit on there. Planted some red onion sets,don't know if they will bolt but fingers crossed anyway. Another productive weekend. 6hrs today and 7hrs yesterday. Having some more well earned beers. Tired but well chuffed. Looking forward to next weekend. :D :D :D

Beetroot queen

« Reply #850 on: March 27, 2011, 20:49 »
Put out in the ground 12 red cabbage, gave them extra room this year seen as they took over last year and looked like this

Doddy

• Always learning
« Reply #851 on: March 27, 2011, 21:28 »
Got the wife down the lotty and finished her raised beds (planned for melons). Took the opportunity to drop some more weed barrier down and barked the newly created path. Things are starting to look more complete :)

Potted out all the seedlings, with much help from the missus, and threw a few more shallots into the ground. Everything seems to be ticking along nicely now :)

Working this out... in total around 7 hours down there today and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Paul Plots

« Reply #852 on: March 27, 2011, 22:14 »
Put out in the ground 12 red cabbage, gave them extra room this year seen as they took over last year and looked like this

That's got a fine looking head on it.  :lol:

Allotmentgirl

« Reply #853 on: March 27, 2011, 23:01 »
Chatted to everybody - drank tea - took some photographs - watered.

aelf

• idndtdodaftl
« Reply #854 on: March 28, 2011, 09:35 »
Over the weekend I got the last of my spuds in (a little early, I know, but April is going to be a busy month for me and I need to get ahead). Also planted my first row of cabbages, peas beetroot and spinach and did a lot of weeding. Today I have a tender back, a sun tan and a sense of satisfaction from a job well done!  :)
There's more comfrey here than you can shake a stick at!

http://www.wedigforvictory.co.uk/dig_icon.gif[/img]

xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
my plot today (pics)

Started by pawsnclaws on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post January 25, 2010, 14:01
by pawsnclaws
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2012

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

2319 Replies
Last post December 31, 2012, 17:30
by Plot 6B

Page created in 0.449 seconds with 37 queries.