Back with my daft questions sorry!

• 12 Replies

shamina

« on: July 31, 2007, 12:59 »
Hi there I've finally started to get things started in my garden and have been reading up and my book says to cover things with cloches. I haven't a clue what these are so if anyone can let me know I'd appreciate that thank you very much. :oops:

WG.

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 13:26 »
Please see cloche in the Glossary of Terms in the Welcome forum  

All please feel free to vote in the poll & to contribute further terms (with or without definitions) :D

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 20:20 »
Hi Shamina, how's it going then?  Haven't seen you around for a bit, how's the 'bump'???  And you were in the process of moving weren't you???  How did that go???

If you'd got around to collecting those books and mags I promised you, you'd know what a cloche is!!!!!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Jim T

• Experienced Member
Re: Back with my daft questions sorry!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 21:05 »
Quote from: "shamina"
Hi there I've finally started to get things started in my garden and have been reading up and my book says to cover things with cloches. I haven't a clue what these are so if anyone can let me know I'd appreciate that thank you very much. :oops:

Hi, I bought a couple of cloches from B & Q for a few quid each.

They are made of clear plastic, quite strong about 3ft long, 2 ft high and 2 ft wide, with ventilation at the sides and little metal pegs to hold them down against the hurricanes  :wink:

Very useful for protecting seedlings from pidgeons etc and easy to move from one bed to another.
Former biochemist, now experimenting and having fun. :-)

sparky

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 21:54 »
Quote from: "Jim T"

They are made of clear plastic, quite strong about 3ft long, 2 ft high and 2 ft wide, with ventilation at the sides and little metal pegs to hold them down against the hurricanes  :wink:

Very useful for protecting seedlings from pidgeons etc and easy to move from one bed to another.

I got a couple as well Jim, nice bit of stuff :lol:
Btw, What part of Wirral are you in, I lived down there untill a couple of weeks ago but still fish the Mersey regular :lol:

shamina

Many thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 07:29 »
Thank you everyone now I know I'll get some. And sorry grannieannie but the book I got seemed really good and I thought I wouldn't need anymore. I didn't move in the end it fell through so we took it off the market as we had this baby to prepare for. I've got six weeks left and can hardly move but luckily my next door neighbour and my husband have been my vegetable patch slaves which has been nice. I've been very busy getting everything ready but it's all done now so I can concentrate on the patch for at least a few weeks now until the baby arrives which I'm hoping will be soon with this weather I'm not much fun to live with :twisted:  :lol:

Jim T

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 17:17 »
Quote from: "sparky"
Quote from: "Jim T"

I got a couple as well Jim, nice bit of stuff :lol:
Btw, What part of Wirral are you in, I lived down there untill a couple of weeks ago but still fish the Mersey regular :lol:

Hi Sparky,
Has it been even wetter in Manchester than here? We are on the Bebington plot site, Jim

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 17:51 »
Sorry about the house shamina, but I am a great believer in fate, if it was meant to be, it will be!!  So obviously, your ideal house hasn't shown itself yet!!!

So you concentrate on having this lovely baby, then see what happens!  Hope the weather for the next 6 weeks isn't too hot for you!  Don't worry about the books, I'll stick em on freecycle again!

Thought about you today, we'd been up to Burgh-le-Marsh to a farm shop, and cme back down the A52.  When we drove past Benington, I said to Brian, I wonder whereabouts shamina lives?  :D

shamina

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 21:13 »
I'm a beleiver in fate too and now that we've took it off the market I'm not too bothered about moving now! I'm too hot whatever the weather my thermostat has broken I think but it's saved on the heating. Another bonus to staying put is that my neighbour is enjoying my veg patch too so I'm like the fat controller just sitting watching him weeding etc which is lovely as I'm too fat now to bend down but not long now hopefully I've got lots of curry nights out lined up to get things moving a bit any more suggestions anyone? :lol:

GrannieAnnie

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 22:30 »
No suggestions, but just hope you are like I was. First daughter 4.5 hours from start to finish, and my Nici was a stomach ache at 4.30 on a Saturday morning, and a daughter by 7am AND she was 3 weeks early!!!!

purplebat

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 22:55 »
Quote from: "grannieannie"
No suggestions, but just hope you are like I was. First daughter 4.5 hours from start to finish, and my Nici was a stomach ache at 4.30 on a Saturday morning, and a daughter by 7am AND she was 3 weeks early!!!!

:shock:  :shock: that's just not fair!!! my youngest was my shortest labour at 36 hours!!! at 2 months prem (I won't say how long the first was  :lol: )
If Life gives you lemons, - Make Lemonade

loubylou29

• Experienced Member
Re: Many thanks
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 07:57 »
Quote from: "shamina"
. I've got six weeks left l:

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but 6 weeks is still a long way to go... and potentially another 2 on top! Both of mine were 10 days late.

Things to try to bring baby along are usually only effective 1 or 2weeks before due date, if that really, it needs to be around the due date or overdue.
In 2 weeks time (so 4 weeks before EDD) you could begin taking Raspberry leaf tablets these help to soften your cervix ready for babe to come down easier when the time is right, curries and energetic bonks can be effective! (apparantntly  :oops: ) and the other thing which helped with both of mine was atually getting stuck right into manual work, so get digging that patch!!!  
I know it is so hard to wait, but 6 weeks is too early to be wishing your baby out, try to enjoy the feeling, no matter how hard it is, they are still loads easier in then out!  :lol:
Speak to Richy about how to get em out.. he's got 7!

shamina

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 09:16 »
seven children he must have been really bad in a former life :lol: I didn't have much fun with my first he was 4 weeks early though and he was fine so I reckon I ought to get this one out at the same time. I know what you mean about easier in than out but at least once you've fallen in love with it it's much easier to forgive them for waking you up every 5 minutes I find. I wouldn't mind the belly ache option like you grannie annie that sounds lovely all over and done with in a few hours. And I'll have to have a go at the manual stuff cos theres no way I'm doing any bonking. I cant think of anything worse when I'm pregnant which is odd as it's supposed to be the most enjoyable time for it so I'm told. Hey ho everybody's different I suppose. Thanks for all the advice guys :wink:

xx
Raspberries some daft questions

Started by jo.power on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post August 06, 2007, 10:06
by jo.power
xx
Potatoes - a few daft questions?

Started by Bluedave on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post January 12, 2010, 17:02
by mumofstig
xx
Daft newbie PSB Questions

Started by Brian_of_Bozeat on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 23, 2008, 22:47
by gardengran
xx
Virgin Growers...! (with daft questions)

Started by mikehorne on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 07, 2011, 19:38
by LivvyW

Page created in 0.4 seconds with 36 queries.