No water

• 2 Replies

lizatros

No water
« on: July 30, 2007, 21:17 »
I may be the only one who made this mistake and I feel awful but ive had my hens for 6 weeks now and every morning before I go to work I clean out the poo feed them and fill their water container up. Then when I come home at 3 I have to do the usual cleaning up ,feeding kids and taking the dogs out etc. Then I let my hens out at 630.Tonight I noticed that ALL their water had been drunk and it was bone dry. When I filled it up again they finished it off. I know they drink a lot and it was hot but I could have kicked myself for not checking on them earlier. They seem fine and grubbed around for an hour and a half before going to bed. Be aware that water must be checked regularly in this hot weather.  :oops:  :(
Those Halcyon Days of long ago in the England of Old

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
No water
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 23:18 »
Gosh - I can't imagine my two hens drinking all their water in one day.  I guess their water containers hold about 3 litres in total.  Perhaps you should consider adding more in case of future problems as you seem to have insufficient water available for a complete day.

I remember muntjac saying "dry hens is dead hens and dead hens lay no eggs".  :wink:

purplebat

No water
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 11:36 »
I think I can remember Munty saying that 2 hens can drink a litre of water a day  :shock:
If Life gives you lemons, - Make Lemonade

xx
tap or water butt water

Started by RebeccaM on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post July 18, 2009, 20:53
by Roughlee Handled
xx
Water?

Started by Louise on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post January 09, 2008, 22:56
by slowef
xx
water

Started by feutty on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post July 13, 2011, 21:48
by ManicMum
xx
Poo nearly all water

Started by viettaclark on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post June 20, 2010, 10:15
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.412 seconds with 36 queries.