Success!

• 3 Replies

Casey76

Success!
« on: November 27, 2010, 16:12 »
For the first time in weeks, all my chooks are now locked up... they are saft and cosy in three different coops, though they were not happy at all!

It didn't take too long, and I was really pleased to be able to check them all over (no unwanted visitors thank goodness), and to confirm that non of them are in lay yet (grr  :dry: )

It was more interesting for me... lying my length in 5ins of snow to reach under a bush to get one of the sabelpoots, losing my balance and going flat on my back in said 5ins of snow, leaping up to hook a finger round a leg of one of the banties who decided she was going up in the tree by herself!

No doubt the neighbours thought I was committing murder with all the squawking going on.

We've had 4 ins of snow since 2pm today, and there is no sign of it slowing down or stopping, so I think everyone will be confined to quarters tomorrow, depending on how deep it gets, and I'll feed and water everyone in the coops.

Hopefully this compulsary confinement will make them realise it's nicer to be inside than outside on a night  ::)

madcat

Re: Success!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 17:36 »
Are you going to post the video?   :D :D :D
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

pigeonpie

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 17:39 »
I've been searching on youtube but can't find it...
 :lol:

Casey76

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 18:05 »
 :tongue2:

It did keep me warm all that running around!

xx
Hatching success

Started by redspookycooky on Chicken Chat

0 Replies
Last post April 12, 2011, 17:28
by redspookycooky

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 28 queries.