Nice surprise - Christmas taters

• 2 Replies

PennyS

• My website
Nice surprise - Christmas taters
« on: November 21, 2010, 19:45 »
I planted some tatties for Christmas, back in August.  They died off just before the first frosts, so I presumed some sort of disease and made a mental note to make sure I dug them all out when clearing everything.

Went to dig out the seed potatoes out today and found the first two I dug had produced a small crop!  Wasn't expecting that, so I've made bigger ridges to protect the remaining spuds from nasty frosts and will leave them in the ground until Christmas Eve... a nice bonus!

On the downside, someone's been at my parsnips (human, not animal).  Really fed up with people helping themselves.  Grrr.

Lotty holder since Aug 09... I've FINALLY finished clearing it! On with the p.lanting  ....

prakash_mib

Re: Nice surprise - Christmas taters
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 21:02 »

On the downside, someone's been at my parsnips (human, not animal).  Really fed up with people helping themselves.  Grrr.

sorry to hear that! I will get upset if somebody touched my plot! moreover extremely angry. but... it is the world isnt it? helping themselves with the free stuffs when nobody notices.

yes I have to admit it when I was young we go scrumping for mangoes in India. now I feel the pain of the owner.
One kid is handful. Two kids.... Example for chaos theory. Hats off to my mum who managed three...

PennyS

• My website
Re: Nice surprise - Christmas taters
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 08:05 »
Scumping's one thing and I bet loads of kids have done it.  Mangoes straight from the tree are pretty impossible to resist  :D

This is someone who's lifted my netting, helped themselves and not put it back afterwards.  Must have taken something with them to lift/cut what they wanted, so it was planned.
Really makes my blood boil!

xx
Nice surprise

Started by mrswashi on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post February 17, 2013, 23:34
by compostqueen
xx
A nice surprise..

Started by Trillium on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post May 30, 2008, 15:00
by iwantanallotment
xx
Err...Christmas taters?

Started by tosca100 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post November 11, 2010, 09:44
by Bizzi Lizzi
xx
A Lesson with Christmas taters

Started by Jim T on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post October 03, 2007, 17:44
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.553 seconds with 36 queries.