Annual costs

• 12 Replies

Comfry_Kid

Annual costs
« on: July 27, 2006, 13:01 »
Hi all - just wondering what your average annual fee for allotments are- I have just noticed apes1978 pays £16.44 a year - where i pay just over £100 - although mine is classed as a double garden the average on the site is still £75. I didn't think this was too bad as its only £2 a week, this includes a tap between every 10 plots.
Seeing that I could be paying as little as 16 quid is heart breaking - think of all the seeds I could buy with the difference never mind seeds - after a couple years of savings I could buy a polytunnel (the mrs wont let me at the moment - but i'm not going to give up asking).

mellowmick

• Experienced Member
Annual costs
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 13:42 »
Hi Comfr,
If you go over to 'Off Topic' and scroll down a bit, you'll come to 'Lottie Rent Update' thread, which loads of people have posted on, giving their rents etc. Having read your post, I'd sit down before you read it. :|

Comfry_Kid

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 16:53 »
Thanks for that Mick - My allotment plot costs £102.10 pa - this is for 350 Square Metres the cheapest on the 96 site is £51.70 for 0 - 100 Square Metres. I am not going to think about it any more - the  council are greedy swines

rugbymad40

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.activeights.co.uk
Annual costs
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 18:32 »
Sorry to do this to you Bud, but I have a plot of roughly 300 sq mtrs and I only pay £4.75 per annum.  You are however asked/expected to join the horticultural Society as well at a cost of £3.00, so I suppose the rental is nearly £8.00

membership to the society does come with the benefit of 10% off at any local garden centre.

What council could inflict such high charges on plot holders?  I trust that the taps on the plot are gold and the soil highly fertile.

Regards Rugbymad40
Enjoying the traditional ways and values of life.

noshed

Annual costs
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 19:06 »
Are you sure you're not paying for the whole site? Ours is only about £20 a year and that's in London! And we get free manure and old wheely-bins for water butts.
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

Jake

• Rockers
Annual costs
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 20:49 »
Ours is £24. We get free muck and water taps.
first there is a mountain then there is no mountain then there is

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Annual costs
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 20:49 »
Well if I remember rightly, Nitiram pays £88 a year up in Hull or Grimsby way, but its still too much isn't it?

My Dad used to pay 10 bob a year for his!!!!  50p for you youngsters!!!

growmore

• http://www.braa.co.uk
Annual costs
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 00:04 »
Comfry-kid,
They must have seen you coming.  :(  I live in Bournemouth - not the cheapest town in the country - and I pay just over 13 quid including membership of the national association. Mind you it is run by an association and the whole site is leased from the Council. The association have a shop and it loads cheaper than even the cheapest garden centre. The Council are even going to upgrade all of the paths this year.

Good luck with your plot

growmore

• http://www.braa.co.uk
Annual costs
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 00:05 »
Comfry-kid,
They must have seen you coming.  :(  I live in Bournemouth - not the cheapest town in the country - and I pay just over 13 quid including membership of the national association. Mind you it is run by an association and the whole site is leased from the Council. The association have a shop and it loads cheaper than even the cheapest garden centre. The Council are even going to upgrade all of the paths this year.

Good luck with your plot

mrsparsnip

Annual costs
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 10:14 »
oh my god!  I pay 5 quid for a double plot (roughly 8 X 40 meters).  we have no running water or free stuff other then fresh air!
'what ever I am, where ever I am, this is me' - Hannah Hauxwell

darucy

Annual costs
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 20:51 »
Are lottie is £90 pa. & I'm not sure if there is even any water, If there is i've not found it yet. :?

Jenny

Annual costs
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 17:08 »
Mine costs about £30 but I ask my Mum and Dad to gift it to me as a birthday or Christmas present every year!
Apparently it is a 'special' site!
We have water filling troughs (you are not supposed to use hose pipes), a gated and locked entrance, a hut with loos (if someone there has the key)and a kitchen and there is the allotment society if you join at a few quid a year, which offers a shop and some locked containers for storage of tools.
Not bad...

kiowa

Annual costs
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 19:25 »
:) Hi comfrey,
the cost of ours is £30 per year,( including water) ,but different sizes of allotments so various prices,...ours is 60ft x 40ft,
the only thing that is free beside us is if you salvage something out of skip at allotments .(ha-ha)......also we can only rebuild a shed /greenhouse on the foundations they are already on .

xx
allotment costs

Started by brokenglass on Grow Your Own

50 Replies
Last post August 25, 2012, 10:19
by Alastair-I
xx
newbie hello...costs

Started by clifford149 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 04, 2007, 18:09
by king cauli
xx
Suprised with peat free costs

Started by SpudtheBinx on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 01, 2009, 19:26
by celjaci
xx
This years annual weeds

Started by gazza975526570 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post March 19, 2012, 16:33
by Dom2599

Page created in 0.956 seconds with 36 queries.