Just seen

• 11 Replies

Rustybeer

Just seen
« on: October 25, 2010, 13:56 »
Hi All
Just seen my new alloment being waiting 5 years ! Its overgrown ,lots of junk around etc..
The local council said the guy who owned before hand wants the greenhouse,which is broken but repairable . We said it would be nice to keep it there since there is the biggest vine growing in it which is take over the greenhouse.They then informed us the two fruit trees there he wants money for! I thought once you give up your plot that was it, no matter what was on it. Any ideas on how much the fruit trees are worth (Don't know how good they are) or should I tell to dig them up.
Thanks in advance
Rustybeer

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Just seen
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 14:02 »
Hi, I have just moved your post here as I thought you may get more responses here rather than in the general chatting section.
First of all huge congratulations on finally getting your plot. You must be well chuffed.
How long is it that the plot has been vacant? I do think there is a time span for previous owners to remove their possesions but I'm not sure about this and hopefully somebody will be along shortly to let you know.
As for buying the fruit trees I myself would call their bluff and tell them to remove them but insist they remove all the roots and not just hack it down. The roots could be rather large depending on the size and age of the trees.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 14:03 »
Congratulations on getting the plot :)

I believe the previous tenant will have the right to remove the greenhouse as it may be his property but he will probably have been given 28 days to remove it.  Check with the council or your tenancy agreement, it should be in there.  

As for wanting money for the fruit trees - I'd tell him to whistle.  I don't think he'll want to dig them up with sufficient root ball for them to survive and transport them off the plot (it shouldn't be done until later in the year anyway).

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 14:04 »
SNAP  Joy  :lol:

Rustybeer

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 14:11 »
Hi, I have just moved your post here as I thought you may get more responses here rather than in the general chatting section.
First of all huge congratulations on finally getting your plot. You must be well chuffed.
How long is it that the plot has been vacant? I do think there is a time span for previous owners to remove their possesions but I'm not sure about this and hopefully somebody will be along shortly to let you know.
As for buying the fruit trees I myself would call their bluff and tell them to remove them but insist they remove all the roots and not just hack it down. The roots could be rather large depending on the size and age of the trees.

Thanks for that didn't know where to post it. Thanks for the advise on the trees we have just told him to remove them! Just want to get started on clearing up.
Rustybeer :D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 14:12 by Aunt Sally »

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 14:59 »
before you start doing anything remember to take photos so you can see just how much progress you have made in the months to come  :).

great minds  :lol:

Rustybeer

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 21:00 »
before you start doing anything remember to take photos so you can see just how much progress you have made in the months to come  :).

great minds  :lol
Will do it will be good to see the changes that happen. :D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 21:03 by Aunt Sally »

Funky Diver

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 17:38 »
Good luck on getting cracked on.. and yeah, call his bluff.  Sounds like he's just trying it on.

I'd also expect him to completely clear his greenhouse, contents and all... including any glass that is left behind.  He is claiming ownership and I'm SURE he wouldn't want you putting in a law suit against him in the future for any discarded glass that you may (or may not) cut yourself on.  His green house = his health and safety issue, haha!

chili

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 18:54 »
call his bluff and tell him your not interested in the trees, and don't want them. get him to dig them up and remove them :)

Rustybeer

Re: Just seen ( Updated)
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 12:58 »
Being & paid my fees for the alloment today , get the keys tomorrow  :D On the way back  decided to see if the prevoius tenant had removed the trees etc.. He was there digging away with the biggest "gorrilla" of a guy trying to take trees out. I was going to approach them & say hello  but the language & sheer size of the "gorrilla " made me think do I really want that spade on my head ! with that I turned taill & went back to my car, much to the amusment of my wife .  :lol:
Rustybeer

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 13:23 »
Good for you RB :)

PS Discretion is the better part of valor ;)

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 14:32 »
The people from whom we bought the bungalow asked if they could come back and remove the Victoria plum tree as it was given to their children by their grandmother.  Of course we said yes.   

Thirty years on we are still waiting for them to turn up !    Cheers,   Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

Page created in 1.06 seconds with 36 queries.