Lemon Grass
« on: October 24, 2010, 13:33 »
Hello has any one grow Lemon grass or is the UK to cold to grow it

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Lemon Grass
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 13:36 »
Welcome to the site Caroline93  :D

I'm going to move this across to the Grow Your Own forum as your question is about growing your own  ;)  Feel free to pop back into the Welcome forum and introduce yourself for a proper 'hello' back.

It may help us answer your question if you edit your profile (click on your username, then edit forum profile) to show your location - the answer may differ between Cornwall and the Outer Hebrides  :)

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

compostqueen

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 13:37 »
I've got two pots on the go now.  I've used some already but it's still a bit small.  I made the mistake of putting them out to sunbathe and the wind got up and dashed them to bits. The grass grows very tall!  I have trimmed off all the damaged grass and taken them down to the cold greenhouse where I'm going to remove the top compost and replace with fresh, lots of it, to protect them from frost. I shall probably add some sacking etc. They could remain in the conservatory over winter I suppose  :)

I think if they come through the winter they will be ready for eating next year.

caroline93

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 13:50 »
I've got two pots on the go now.  I've used some already but it's still a bit small.  I made the mistake of putting them out to sunbathe and the wind got up and dashed them to bits. The grass grows very tall!  I have trimmed off all the damaged grass and taken them down to the cold greenhouse where I'm going to remove the top compost and replace with fresh, lots of it, to protect them from frost. I shall probably add some sacking etc. They could remain in the conservatory over winter I suppose  :)

I think if they come through the winter they will be ready for eating next year.
Thanks for that.  I will plant some in late Jan then and see what happens

xx
lemon grass ...

Started by wellingtons on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post June 01, 2007, 16:28
by agapanthus
xx
lemon grass

Started by aqua on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 10, 2011, 20:12
by aqua
xx
How to grow lemon grass

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post July 10, 2015, 20:10
by Muls
xx
Lemon Aji

Started by Aidy on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post September 12, 2017, 21:18
by compostqueen

Page created in 0.482 seconds with 36 queries.