Greenhouse tomato blight

• 6 Replies

drdave

Greenhouse tomato blight
« on: July 19, 2007, 11:49 »
Well the Spud blight has got in the greenhouse and all 40 Tom plants seem doomed!
I use pots and bags on concrete rather than bedsoil. I suppose Tomatoes are out of the question now until next year.
Will a sulphur candle sort out the spores? Have you all managed greenhouse tommys OK the year after blight? Can it blight chillis and aubergines too, as thats all thats left in there?

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Greenhouse tomato blight
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 14:19 »
Chillies should survive ok, but keep an eye on them. I am not suffering blght but getting moulds and although the bottom trusses are full of healthy toms the top sets wont set then die off, trying different things to boost the health and try and save them. outdoor tome were affected but cut all the affected leaves off and sprayed with bordeaux and they seem to have recovered and are now setting toms.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

ytyynycefn

• http://www.ytyynycefn.com/5.html
Greenhouse tomato blight
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 15:56 »
I noticed blight in my gh toms yesterday too - I've cut out all the diseased leaves (ie most of them, which leaves an odd tuft at the top of each plant!) and sprayed what's left with Bordeaux mixture.  Hope this works!  I noticed my maincrop spuds are a bit blighty now too, so will cut them back tonight or tomorrow.  The Maris Peers seem OKish though (fingers crossed).

Fat Hen

Greenhouse tomato blight
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 20:40 »
Hi, how do you recognise blight :?:   I noticed that on some of my toms where the trusses have not set a brown dry area that seems to creep along the truss, with powdery surface (spores), also on some leaves where they have been in contact with glass.  

Is this blight :?: Or some other fungal nasty.  How do I stop it spreading :?:   So far pants on whole healthy with healthy fruit.

Jim T

• Experienced Member
Re: Greenhouse tomato blight
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 21:01 »
Quote from: "drdave"
Well the Spud blight has got in the greenhouse and all 40 Tom plants seem doomed!
I use pots and bags on concrete rather than bedsoil. I suppose Tomatoes are out of the question now until next year.
Will a sulphur candle sort out the spores? Have you all managed greenhouse tommys OK the year after blight? Can it blight chillis and aubergines too, as thats all thats left in there?

Well, I'm a first timer but I think I have nipped the problem in the bud with Copper spray and have advised my fellow plotter and have puffed powder Bordeax Mixture (which this forum told me was the same basic stuff) on to his attacked toms.
Former biochemist, now experimenting and having fun. :-)

Ann

Greenhouse tomato blight
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 22:22 »
I've just had to dig up 5 outdoor toms  as the blight spread really quickly and I didn't have chance to spray.

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
Greenhouse tomato blight
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 23:02 »
well I didn't know toms got blight till now... I have seen most of my outdoor tom plants have had leaf rot so taken them off.. but my spuds are fine (these are all at home and not at the lottie)

xx
Tomato blight in the greenhouse

Started by veggieman on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post September 15, 2010, 22:18
by DD.
xx
Tomato blight in the greenhouse?

Started by barbarella on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post July 26, 2009, 22:37
by barbarella
xx
tomato blight in greenhouse - so sickening

Started by Ian_A on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 12, 2011, 13:18
by DD.
xx
Help - we have potato blight and tomato blight

Started by jlb664 on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post May 09, 2010, 08:26
by Kristen

Page created in 0.672 seconds with 37 queries.