Free Manure in Bham

• 9 Replies

potatogrower

• Experienced Member
Free Manure in Bham
« on: September 17, 2010, 11:24 »
Hi,

Does anyone in birmingham know a place where i can get free manure. I can get some from a horse stable near work in derby but its quite a drive with a car full of "you know what" so i was looking for somwhere closer where its gathered up for free collection.

I don't know of many horse stables near my place but there are quite a few country lane roads.

thanks.

Give it a go

Re: Free Manure in Bham
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 15:41 »
Have you tried your local council recycle yard? We get compost from ours in Sutton.

potatogrower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 19:43 »
no haven't tried there. didn't know they may have manure. i guess a nice local drive around would be nice to see if anyone gives away the stuff for free. my dad bought some free polythene bags to fill up and i need quite a few bag fullls

digalotty

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 20:11 »
hiya mate , i live in south bham , and i get mine from romsley as it is only a couple of miles away, the local farm there sells it for 80p a large bag . not free i know but if you have to travel miles away with the price of fuel then thats not free either.
there are a lot of horses around titbury green and whillenhall have you tried around that area
when im with my 9yr old she's the sensible one

Togalosh

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 21:44 »
I get mine from Romsley/Frankley too..I got a van full for free....if you look on Freecycle & Preloved you may find other ones closer to you.

(Stables have to pay someone to collect it as they get fined or some such other trouble if they keep too much of it so don't pay for any as you are doing them a favour)

smc

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 08:15 »
hi there i live  romsley way also, and  a friend of mine has a local farm and she can not give the stuff away! i take my van up and get a few tonne every now and then, i could ask her for you? its preety fresh unless you dig down a bit, but i leave mine over the lott to rot, cant belive she has to pay over 100 to get rid of it!! >:(

Ropster

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 15:50 »
Try putting a request on freecycle or freegle or whatever it is called round your way, may bring up some local stables

potatogrower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 19:49 »
hi thanks for  all your advice. i will look into romsley too. I go to a chicken rescue place in the country side nearby to buy eggs and asked them. they said there is a horse stable just up the road and the guy there said he can put some aside (think it might be fresh) to collect in the next week or 2. he didn't seem to have many horses on site or maybe they were kept aside somewhere. i will see what he has and if its not enough then i will definitely try romsley. think i need at least 10 or 15 bags to get a good spread all over and leave over winter.  

do you have the name of the road in romsley where i can go? just checking google maps, is it near kiddeminster or M5?

smc,

where is the farm you get yours?

thanks
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 19:57 by potatogrower »

digalotty

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 20:32 »
yes mate get off the M5 at junction 3 and head towards kiddy  (A456) then go through the traffic lights and up to a island turn left and you will see a farm sign about half a mile up
its about a mile off the motorway

smc

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 22:18 »
hi thanks for  all your advice. i will look into romsley too. I go to a chicken rescue place in the country side nearby to buy eggs and asked them. they said there is a horse stable just up the road and the guy there said he can put some aside (think it might be fresh) to collect in the next week or 2. he didn't seem to have many horses on site or maybe they were kept aside somewhere. i will see what he has and if its not enough then i will definitely try romsley. think i need at least 10 or 15 bags to get a good spread all over and leave over winter.  

do you have the name of the road in romsley where i can go? just checking google maps, is it near kiddeminster or M5?

smc,

where is the farm you get yours?

thanks

hi there,  i can get the name of the farm also will ask  her if it is ok, sure it will be, do you wanna send me a private message and if all is ok will send you her number, my email is........................

now removed to prevent you from getting loads of spam emails  :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 05:45 by joyfull »

xx
Looking for free manure!

Started by moonosbailey on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post February 14, 2010, 09:46
by Rangerkris
xx
Free Manure

Started by ian1 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post October 08, 2009, 16:24
by Thamesmeadhammer
xx
free horse manure

Started by muntjac on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post September 10, 2007, 23:24
by new_2_veg
xx
Manure spreading / Weed free?

Started by andyww2013 on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post December 09, 2018, 16:59
by rowlandwells

Page created in 0.943 seconds with 36 queries.