bonfire night

• 8 Replies

dollybird

bonfire night
« on: September 08, 2010, 23:19 »
just sat here on computor and heard a firework go of, so i wondered, do i need to do anything special to look after my ex batt girls as bonfire night gets closer or do they cope ok with the noise thanks jackie.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: bonfire night
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 23:27 »
I seem to remember somebody on here put a camera in their coop so they could keep a check on the chickens over bonfire night - and they didn't flinch at all  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

dollybird

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 23:56 »
oh well done to whoever did the camera in coop that was a brill idea. thank you joyfull..

Jeanette

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 08:42 »
I just made sure they went to bed early. They went straght to sleep and did'nt hear a thing.

ehs284

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 16:00 »
You could drop a bomb on ours and they wouldn't move. Rustling a plastic food bag at 2 miles is a different matter.

orchardlady

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 19:25 »
For the turn of the millennium we had a big party and all the guests clubbed together and bought £1000 worth of fireworks. They were off in the field where the chickens were tucked up in their house for the night. I should think the fireworks were maybe 150 yards max away from the hen house and we had a wonderful display as you can imagine for the price. The hens were absolutely fine the next morning and if anything gave us a few extra eggs bless them!

PS. We had one very kind tea totaler friend who annually helpes with the village Guy Fawkes night fireworks do the party fireworks for us, very responsible chap...thanks Larry!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 21:05 »
Mine have been out in the garden when someone has let off a firework and they didn't even register.

Mind you a moth flew out of a border today at them and caused total panic.........followed by pandemonium as they realised it was potential food and all started chasing it  :lol:

tesni

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 21:07 »
that's one of the many things I admire in chickens, they have their priorities sorted - they are totally focused and dedicated to food  :D 

dollybird

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 21:24 »
thanks to all for replys, its good to no they will be ok. i feel like a new mum just had my first baby... in fact i think having my babys was less stressfull than looking after my 8 ex batt girls for the last couple of weeks,im a nervous wreck... thanks jackie

xx
Bonfire Night

Started by Cal_Leghorn on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post November 02, 2010, 16:01
by Cal_Leghorn
xx
bonfire night!

Started by neenyneen on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 30, 2011, 06:45
by sneezer
xx
Bonfire Night

Started by Lilac on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post November 02, 2007, 13:52
by wildeone
xx
Egg at night

Started by ctayts on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post May 28, 2010, 16:18
by ctayts

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 29 queries.