advice please

• 2 Replies

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
advice please
« on: September 08, 2010, 11:05 »
I had posted on a previous post that Tina had done something to her foot, she was on a long course of antibiotics, think it was 2wks, shes got one more dose of baytril left now which i will give her tonight,   The swelling has gone done a bit but she still limps on it and holds it up when standing still,   when i say limp shes not as bad as she was before the antibiotics.   My question is shall i just leave her now or get more antibiotics to see if they will take away the rest of the swelling, the swelling is just up from the webs between the toes,  im not sure if this is bumble foot or she has badly sprained it.    The vet didnt seem to think it was but he wasnt 100%.  She seems happy and goes about her business with the others no probs.   nickyx
4 girlies,  Nessa, Pamela, Stacey and Tina

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: advice please
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 11:58 »
Nicky I wouldn't give her another course of AB's just yet as she may become immune to it. One of my appenzellers and one of Grannie Annies Rhodies have the same sort of thing. With my zeller I have put it down to the heat and her heart/circulation - in the mornings it had gone down but grew dueing the day. Now the weather is cooler she has no limp and just a small swelling. Annies rhodie got it when she was picked up - no sign before so we assumed the stress had bought it on again pointing to a possible heart/circulation problem. Mine no longer limps either. Our 2 girls are like yours happy going about their business and still laying  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
Re: advice please
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 12:37 »
thanks joyfull,  yes i think i will be inclined to leave her then, to be honest im not keen on taking her back to the vets,  shes just starting to settle down with the other girls and i very much part of the gang, think i will leave her in peace and see how she goes, aslong as it doesnt get any worse.   Thanks joy  xxxx

xx
Fruit and veg advice (heck - any advice!) for a newbie chook owner!

Started by cathy81walking on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post March 02, 2010, 11:30
by cathy81walking
xx
One not well - advice please

Started by pacman on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post March 04, 2011, 09:21
by Sassy
xx
advice please

Started by catbalu on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post April 30, 2011, 00:02
by hillfooter
xx
Advice Please!

Started by Chicken sheila on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 26, 2013, 23:16
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 37 queries.