Brassicas

• 1 Replies

cmf

Brassicas
« on: August 30, 2010, 18:18 »
Firstly...thanks for all the help from my previous messages...on spring cabbage failure and recently, how to manure the plot.No! I haven't lost it yet.
once again I'm going to attempt another 'batch' of spring cabbages and hope they 'heart-up' this year but the latest problem is my brussell sprouts which seem to have 'blown'.I'm told this is the expression.What is the reason for this and how do I prevent it happening again? Somehow the cabbage family and I don't appear to get on very well although my chard & spinach did well.    :unsure:

flitwickone

• We Dig For Victory
Re: Brassicas
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 18:40 »
one possilble cause is when they were planted they were not stamped in firmly or they have been wind rocked which breaks the tiny roots and this can cause them to blow as well or someone else may have the answer good luck in the future

also when i plant out brassica i dig the hole fill it with water put the young plant in  it makes them sit up straight away then i stamped the earth or i use a mallet so it is rock solid then i sprinkle a little feed around the plant and then hope it and mother nature will do the rest

xx
Better net yer brassicas!

Started by WG. on Grow Your Own

29 Replies
Last post January 02, 2008, 21:53
by gobs
xx
Brassicas

Started by raydee on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post January 09, 2018, 15:21
by sunshineband
xx
brassicas!

Started by Nomes on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 23, 2011, 19:00
by Nomes
sad
Brassicas

Started by cmf on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 08, 2010, 20:21
by Grasshopper

Page created in 1.884 seconds with 30 queries.