Advice needed please on Tina

• 8 Replies

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
Advice needed please on Tina
« on: August 30, 2010, 08:16 »
Noticed yesterday evening that Tina was very quiet :(, let her out this morning and all shes done is stand still all hunched up,  shes been on Baytril now since last wednesday for her foot which only shows a very slight improvement.   She wont eat anything, ive just tried to offer her some weetabix mash with a bit of corn in but she only took a couple of pecks.   Im worried about her, tail is down, im not sure if its got anything to do with the antibiotics,   i havnt given her her dose this morning as she doesnt look well.  Or shes in the process of passing a softie, she laid a couple of days ago,  ive had her now for two weeks and she has only laid 2 eggs but ive put that down to change of home and obviously the stress of being taken to the  vets a few times and her having the swelling and limping around.    Any ideas peeps on wot to do next for her,  since its gonna be a lovely day today  i thought i would pop her in a warm bath as shes dirty round her vent area.   Shall i continue with the baytril or just leave it for now.   Nickyx
4 girlies,  Nessa, Pamela, Stacey and Tina

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Advice needed please on Tina
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 09:36 »
keep on with the AB's Nicky they can take upto 10 days to work, in the meantime yes pop her in a warm bath to clean her up and to see if she is trying to pass a softee. Fingers crossed for her xx
Staffies are softer than you think.

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 09:46 »
thanks joyfull, i have given her her dose this morning, shes just really quiet,   ive just got this thing in my head about baytril having an effect on them, something to do with the gut flora or something like that,  anyway will wait until it gets abit warmer and will pop her in the bath,  i remember Stacey being really ill one day all fluffed up and she was passing a softie so prehaps thats wot is happening with Tina.     Nickyx

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 09:52 »
all antibiotics can have that effect on chickens (they can also have the same with humans), afterwards follow on with some live probiotic yogurt or some aviproplus and this will help replenish the good gut bacteria  :)

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 13:17 »
all antibiotics can have that effect on chickens (they can also have the same with humans), afterwards follow on with some live probiotic yogurt or some aviproplus and this will help replenish the good gut bacteria  :)

Think its now a broken or soft egg thats wrong with her,  i gave her a bath, she was stood in there for a while, brought her out and i noticed her pushing, a bit of yellow stuff dropping out which i reckon was yolk,  then there was shell so i went to get more water and it had gone by the time i got back out to her again, popped her in the bucket again with warm water but nothing,   Im definately not putting my fingers up there to pull out as i dont know wot im doing, is this something she can push out herself,  nickyx

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 13:42 »
If it's broken inside her the shell fragments will need to be removed.  I've never done it byt I know Caralou has she may be around soon.

Check what she has passed and see if it's enough to be a whole shell.  My only other option would be a vet's finger  :(

carolbriar

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 13:58 »
Oh Nicky, I do hope Tina is ok.  Have you managed to check to see if it is all out?  At least she is on antibiotics which will be a help.  Keep us posted.
Carol
2 Springer Spaniels, 1 Speckled Sussex,  1 Cuckoo Maran, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Welsummer, 2 Barnvelders and 2 silver Pencil Wyandotes.

PaulineM

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 14:17 »
Hi Nicky
Sorry I can't help you but from one neighbour to another I'll keep my fingers crossed for you both.   
1 Hubby, 2 children, 2 Welsummers, 1 Leghorn Banty, 1 Wyandotte Banty, 1 Barnevelder, 2 Isa Brown, 1 Rhode Island, 1 Goldline,1 Maran, 2 Mottled Leghorns, 1 Leghorn cockerel & 2 Jack Russells

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 17:24 »
Hi Nicky
Sorry I can't help you but from one neighbour to another I'll keep my fingers crossed for you both.   

Arh thanks pauline to to everyone else,   shes been in the coop all afternoon, i dont want to disturb her, i will leave her abit longer and go and see if shes passed anything, yes she is already on antibiotics but im worried about her especially if the shell is defintaley broken,  poor Tina :( :(

question
Help needed please... advice on chicks needed

Started by newatthis on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post August 21, 2010, 17:26
by Sassy
xx
Advice needed on ill hen

Started by freddiesmiles on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post April 30, 2009, 10:21
by freddiesmiles
xx
Advice Needed!

Started by Carshay on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post October 12, 2011, 13:52
by JaK
xx
help advice needed

Started by gem on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 15, 2011, 14:27
by gem

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 37 queries.