Hen Pride

• 2 Replies

chuckmad

Hen Pride
« on: August 20, 2010, 15:05 »
Hey Guys,
Please feel free to tell me if i've lost the plot.......
Over the last week my OH and FIL have been building a chicken run. I call it the chicken palace. 5 hens and you could park a car in it. 
Anyway, the hens loved the company but i went down to see how they were getting on one of the days.  MY hens are always waiting at the door to the run in huddle as I leave the kitchen.  But this time, as I walked across the garden, they weren't there. They were busy having a nose at the men working.  I was a little taken aback (fickle hens). But before I reached the run they had ran over to the door.  I have to say I was a little jealous. They are MY hens after all.  :mad:
Then my MIL was down having a look at the new palace and she commented to my OH that the hens were looking very fat.  When I went down to feed them later, I had a good feel of every one of them and they are NOT fat.  In fact there is no fat at all on them.  How dare she  :wacko: :wacko:
Yes I know i'm being sensitive but I'm over it already just needed a rant.  and kinda hoping I'm not the only hen weirdo out there  :tongue2:

evie2

Re: Hen Pride
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 16:48 »
Oh no there's loads of us on here ::)

I get a bit touchy about our chooks too, as soon as they see my OH they get very excited and follow him around because he gives them there evening treat ::)
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

8doubles

Re: Hen Pride
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 17:18 »
Don`t worry it`s a variation of ' you can say what you like about the wife/ husband' but don``t  insult my dog. :)

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 36 queries.