What to do now?

• 3 Replies

Siouxfly

• Experienced Member
What to do now?
« on: August 17, 2010, 11:20 »
Well my first growing season is now over and we've more or less eaten or frozen everything except a few lettuce, tomatoes, swede, beetroot, runners, parsnips, potatoes and carrots. I've got lots of things in for winter and now it's just a matter of keeping the weeds down and watering which due to the weather probably won't be needed anyway so what do I do now?
I've got raspberries to move later and will plant a few trees in the autumn but any other ideas would be welcome.
I seriously feel at a loose end as the garden has taken up a lot of my time over spring and summer. I've got some back breaking work in the front garden to do but can't seem to bring myself to start it as I desperately just want to grow things not work on boring driveways and fencing! I've also got to build a bigger run for the chickens but again it's not quite the same as growing your own is it?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: What to do now?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 13:42 »
you could have a go with some of the oriental veg, just for something to do ;)

Goosegirl

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 15:48 »
Ah - know the feeling when therre is only one of you to do all the jobs1 My garden has taken a bit of a back seat this year due to a family problem, then we were poorly with the flu', now my neighbour has taught me how to point my patio flagged area which was a pain to weed for years! The way I look at it is that next year, there will be one less job to do (which I do at least twice a year) and means that I can focus on my garden again. Why not psyche yourself up that way, and think of next year and all those jobs that are nagging you now will be done. Just do the driveway, or the fencing, or the chicken run and imagine them finished. Ah - the satisfaction that it's out of the way.  :tongue2:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Christine

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 21:43 »
What to do now is to consider how well you did with various things, read up on how you could have done better, stock up on fertilisers and manure, see if you can still get next year's seeds at this year's prices, plan out where things will go next year .....

Page created in 0.524 seconds with 30 queries.