New coop questions

• 25 Replies

alancane

• Experienced Member
Re: New coop questions
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 20:03 »
That's really nice Gary - I like the logo design on the front of the coop! Oh and the pet toy on the water/food feeder!!!

They look a great design, I hope they will continue to make them. What are they like inside?
Alan

garycogburn

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 21:25 »
Hi Alan. inside they have a perch in the middle, and 4 nest boxes, 2 on each side, which can be accessed by lifting the lids. the centre section has a slide out base, so all the muck drops to the floor for easier cleaning, as with the nest boxes, the bases lift out.
there is a slide door which slots through the front and can be padlocked.
its all very easy to maintain. no hiding place for mites!!

thanks for the tip with pics. Gary.

alancane

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 07:41 »
You are very welcome Gary. Such a nice design, can't see why they stopped doing business.

henamoured

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 08:49 »
I really like the look of Gary's coop and the slotting together idea is genius. Could we possibly see a pic of the inside too please Gary? :)
Out of curiosity I've just looked Doodle Houses up on the Companies House website. If it's the same company their address is 10 Wellington Street Cambridge CB1 1HW and they filed company accounts this July, so might still be in business.

fethoboy

• live life to the full.
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 11:38 »
Hi all.do not have the time to read all the replys,but if you are after information on the best thing to get rid of(or discourage red mite)its creosote inside and out twice a year.(sorted)

steve.
call ducks for me.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 11:54 »
sorry but the use of creosote for use by the general public has been banned and therefor we cannot advocate it's use on this forum.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Carla

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 13:53 »
Shame, it has the nicest smell in the world !!  :D

Just wondering, as this is a new coop questions thread, how high should the perches be? The ones on my new coop seem really high, they're 18" off the floor. Is that about right? I know I cant use them until my ladies have built their strength up, but they seem really high to me.
Many pets, a bloke and 2 kids....help!!!

garycogburn

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 17:43 »
Hi Carla. you will find all chickens can fly onto perches. i have a few thick tree branches in my enclosure, and they all fly/jump onto them. its the same in their house, as long as you have enough head room for them!!. dont put one perch under another, because of the mess, if a chicken is above another, if you know what i mean!!
as for the house, ther is not much chance of taking any pics of the inside, but suffice to say, it is a central area about 1 sq metre, and off that there are 2 nests on each side. i bit like a large box with 2 smaller boxes on each side. it has a perch in the central area, and thats it. will keep you updated with the plans soon.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 21:43 »
Some of the heavier breeds need their perches lower down and ex batts do not need perches to start off with as their bones will be too fragile and their muscles not very strong.

alancane

• Experienced Member
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 09:21 »
Got an email from doodlehouses:

Hi Alan

Thank you for your enquiry.

We will be relaunching at the Grand Designs Exhibition at the Birmingham NEC 8th - 10th October.  We are really excited as Doodlehouses have had a total revamp using recycled material and funky designs as well as the traditional coop.  We will also be offering loads of accessories such as weatherproof covers, runs and lots of other exciting products.  We are also totally British made and British designed with the coops being manufactured by my team here in Cambridgeshire and even our new material is made in the UK.  We are working very hard to be a carbon neutral company.  Even the printing process is vegetable based, not oil based - the health of your hens and the health of the environment are very important to us!

I hope this helps and if you do come to the Grand Designs Exhibition, please pop over to the stand and say hello.

With many thanks and kind regards

Celesta

garycogburn

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 20:15 »
Excellent news, cant wait to see them.

xx
Few more questions on building coop

Started by gracie on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 26, 2011, 19:52
by ehs284
xx
My Chickens + Coop, + questions (vids)

Started by Craigx on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 21, 2012, 21:18
by Craigx
xx
questions questions any help would be great thanxs

Started by smallholder2010 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 02, 2010, 19:43
by jhub
xx
COOP

Started by New Hampshire lover on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post April 21, 2008, 21:55
by richyrich7

Page created in 0.478 seconds with 37 queries.