Newbie looking at a coop/run....avoid ebay??

• 17 Replies

kegs

Re: Newbie looking at a coop/run....avoid ebay??
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 18:46 »
I must admit I would go for a plastic coop over wood any day. After having had chickens for a few years I started out with an import wooden coop which warped very quickly after just one wet winter. I have also had sheds and smaller coops but the best thing I did was to go plastic. No annual wood preserving to do, no expensive redmite lotions and potions to buy and use - I simple clean out and wash. You can still get redmites in plastic but they are so much easier to deal with - wither steam clean or jet wash out  :)

Am I missing something Joyfull - isn't this thread from 2010 ???  :wacko:

andy46

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 16:16 »
I have bought a cocoon run for my chooks and am very pleased with it and the chooks seem to love it. I bought mine direct from cocoon and it came the next day,it only took about an hr and half to put up. am going to paint it before winter just to make sure. Mine is shelterd under a conker tree hope this helps andy  :)
Pull up a perch!!

Prod

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 10:58 »
I bought mine off Ebay from a guy in Cardiff who hand makes them. I wanted a traditional looking wooden one but was worried about mites. His are trad wooden but have an opaline roof and a plastic inner floor It came witha an automatic door too.   Before I used it I dosed it 3 times in side and out with poultry shield which I still do once a month and I put diatom in afterwards and on the bedding.  Touch wood I have never seen a mite in th eccop or on the birds   but some of that may be doen to the ousy weather??

xx
Burned by an ebay coop.

Started by katey on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post February 14, 2011, 15:07
by Lastcast
xx
Newbie - Advice on chicken coop pleeease!

Started by sirius951 on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post November 21, 2010, 23:35
by sirius951
xx
Feeding regime to avoid Ratty?

Started by Mrs.Apron on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 28, 2012, 09:35
by Mrs.Apron
xx
Are chickens smart enough to avoid bees and wasps

Started by SamT on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 01, 2010, 15:35
by 8doubles

Page created in 0.588 seconds with 36 queries.