What's your average CPP count? (courgettes per plant :) )

• 50 Replies

wildeone

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2007, 17:38 »
It's nice to know that i'm not alone greg!!! hehe!! My green house has only been up for 2 weeks and its crammed with loads of pots all housing veggies of some sort!! I've really got the bug!!!

:lol:

I can't wait to get an allotment but the list is soooooooo long i'll be grey by the time i get offered one! On the list for 4 sites but i'm no. 22 on the shortest list and there only 40 or so plots!!! What a wait!!!

J x

gregmcalister

• Experienced Member
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2007, 18:16 »
I was lucky with my allotment as it had lain empty for a few years and had only just opened again.  I came across the advert online and got in there quick.  There's now quite a waiting list.  One of my concerns was that I would be by far the youngest one there but I would say the majority of plotholders are in their 20s and 30s so we're not alone!

wildeone

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2007, 18:19 »
That's great!!! I get such a sense of satisfaction from it!!! My OH thinks i'm a bit mad but i plan to get him invlove by hook or by crook!!!

gregmcalister

• Experienced Member
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2007, 18:28 »
I found that the initial novelty of an allotment has now worn off and I now seem to be on the allotment on my own doing all the work.  I like to think that as the plants grow I will have a bit more interest from the OH.  I even planted lots of strawberries as bait!

wildeone

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2007, 18:32 »
throw in a bottle of champagne to go with them and i'll help out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o  :D  Can't beat fresh strawberries my daughter says its her favourite thing to do!!! And asks to go at least twice a month all winter!!!

gregmcalister

• Experienced Member
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2007, 09:37 »
Champagne it is then!  I better throw in a few free courgettes as well just to keep with the thread!

wildeone

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2007, 19:16 »
No need for the free courgettes as i've finally got 2 growing away quite happily!!! hooray!!! It will be my first sucess and i can't wait to eat them!!!

P.S. I do seem to have more male flowers that female now!!! Is that a problem? Do i need to remove any or just leave them alone to do there thing?

gregmcalister

• Experienced Member
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2007, 17:30 »
This is the first year I've grown them but as far as I'm aware you can just leave them to do their thing.  The flowers are edible if you want to try something different.  You can put a little basil and mozzarella inside, dip them in batter and deep fry them.  I haven't tried it yet but I quite fancied it.

wildeone

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2007, 17:46 »
that does sound very good!!!

mum of 3

• Experienced Member
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2007, 10:53 »
i just leave the corgettes to do their own thing,and with 2 plants am currently picking 3/4 a week at the moment :D

wildeone

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2007, 18:34 »
it make you wonder why they are so expensive in the shops!!! 98p for 3 small courgettes at our local!!!  :shock:  that's a huge mark up!

mum of 3

• Experienced Member
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2007, 19:42 »
it make you wonder why they are so expensive in the shops!!! 98p for 3 small courgettes at our local!!!  that's a huge mark up

exactly what i was saying to my sister the other day,supermarket prices are ridiculous sometimes.same with corn as well,i refuse to buy it,i'll do without till summer rather than pay extortionate prices :lol:

ziggywigs

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2007, 22:27 »
hmm courgettes are just flowering so no courgettes yet....just got rid of the first flush of male flowers.....hopefully the females will arrive later and then i'll have courgettes.

gregmcalister

• Experienced Member
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2007, 13:24 »
I've just gone down the allotment at lunchtime there and picked 3 courgettes - well more marrows - and there are a lot more on the go.  I've got about 5 or 6 plants growing just now with 3 more to plant out and I can see I won't be short of courgettes for the next few months!

wildeone

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2007, 14:31 »
:mrgreen: Well done :mrgreen:

I've just picked my 2nd courgette today! It was growing at an alarming rate! But the other courgette still on the plant is really slow and skinny! Maybe it will catch up now that the big 'un isn't taking all the good stuff! So far CPP - 2 almost 3  :lol:  :oops:

xx
Can I plant out my courgettes yet?

Started by Elcie on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post May 21, 2009, 21:37
by Elcie
xx
How far apart to plant courgettes

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

25 Replies
Last post May 14, 2013, 15:21
by boldondig
xx
My courgettes are rotting on the plant

Started by Catherine on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post August 04, 2008, 20:44
by pumpkin-queen
xx
Is it to early to plant in courgettes?

Started by Remy on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post May 03, 2009, 20:18
by Kristen

Page created in 0.4 seconds with 36 queries.