Aphids ants and washing up liquid.

• 21 Replies

Livinhope

Re: Aphids ants and washing up liquid.
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 11:44 »
You can probably tell this makes me mad  :mad:.   But, let's be logical about this.  You wash your plates and pots in washing up liquid (unless, like me you're lazy and have a dishwasher) how many people rinse after washing?  Anyone died from this practice.  To the powers that be my answer is ............ Get a life. :tongue2:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 17:36 »
I think you'll have to translate that into French or is it German - whatever language the EU Brussel's parliament uses  ::)

hamstergbert

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 19:47 »
annoyingly I suspect most of us never spotted it when our environment switched from being "allowed unless prohibited" to being "prohibited unless allowed".

Seeing as the brokeback coalition are  looking at giving us a referendum on voting systems, perhaps we should press to have a second question added (and which could be done at almost no additional cost) for a referendum on EEC membership continuation.  If it was a vote result for leaving, then the EEC would then keep showering us with money (some our own granted, but not all) to try and bribe us while we keep having further referenda as long as we vote the 'wrong' way.  Could be a nice little earner!

And if the vote were to leave we could all tell the whole corrupt issue to stuff their rhubarb leaf prohibitions where the sun doesn't shine (somewhere near Manchester, I hear).

The Dales - probably fingerprint marks where God's hand touched the world

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 20:27 »
Lots of things get banned - like politics one these forums hamstergbert  ::)

TheSpartacat

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 22:08 »
Essentially though, it shows how the large chemical companies genuinely control politics.... globally.

That is frightening!!!

A product isn't 'approved' for use' without paying through the nose to get approval- and that can only be done by commercial ventures who have the cash to do so.

So... the way the approval system and its laws are set up mean that "anything that isn't patented cannot be used"- making consumers out of all the people in the world... "if you can't buy it, if someone isnt profiting, then its illegal"... and it also discourages fair business practice, encouraging monopolies to strangle the market... what start up business can factor in long winded chemical trials into their start up costs?
And yes, its nuts!

But, this probably isnt the most frightening... and wandering off topic, but this all does sound like a part of Codex Alimentarius ... (and most ppl have never heard of it)
For those of you who fancy getting REALLY mad, I would suggest spending half an hour reading about this.
Codex was brought in to 'inform law making and policy' (globally) last January. And a lot of it has been adopted in Europe with regards natural herbal remedies, pesticides, plant feed, food standards... (you've probably noticed??)

One of the initial architects of Codex was a guy called Fritz ter Meer, who was one of the heads of IG Farben (the makers of Zyklon B- yes, the pesticide famously used in the gas chambers) and comprised of BASF, Bayer and a couple other chemical companies) and a Nazi war criminal... he went to jail after the Nuremberg trials but was let out after about 15yrs... he went back to his job of running Bayer. (no questions asked!)

Bayer of course is still going today.. as is BASF... they went back to being seperate chemical companies after the war... and for those of you in the know about GM food- BASF is teamed up with Monsanto on the development of their latest types of genetically engineered food.

So.... if you wonder where these mad laws have come from... they been coming in incrementally for decades, orchestrated by massive companies with profit in mind... and they're not a nice bunch!!!

Don't get me started on GM food.... i could definitely get lost in a rant... (the more you know... oh the horrors!)

« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 22:11 by TheSpartacat »

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 22:14 »
wow some rant there, and I only read part of it - bit late in the day to take in such stuff.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2010, 22:16 »
... and it's all far outside the remit of these forums.

We're not here to put the world to rights so we don't discuss politics or contentious topics.  Were here to relax, talk about our allotments or poultry and leave the woes of the world behind.

I think the original subject of this topic is now exhausted so I'm putting the lock on.

xx
ants and aphids

Started by grenhouse on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 25, 2010, 18:30
by Livinhope
xx
Do ants eat aphids

Started by carlotta on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post June 21, 2013, 09:28
by carlotta
xx
The effects of washing up liquid on plants...

Started by Bigfatsi on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 27, 2012, 21:42
by rich24uk
xx
ants farming aphids/jam question

Started by chipmunk on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post June 06, 2008, 13:35
by Aidy

Page created in 0.469 seconds with 28 queries.