Thingy

• Experienced Member
  • Budding Animal Behaviourist :)
Lost one of my girls today
« on: July 29, 2010, 23:13 »
Lost Owl today...

Still in shock really, I was so upset

Everyone thinks its silly I was upset over a chicken...but...I was :mellow:

I was upset I think because we could have given her a great life after the battery farm

I took her down to the bonfire, had a little goodbye and decorated her box she was in with symbols

Well it helped me

:mellow:
When the wolf lays with the lamb, I fear for us all

fethoboy

• live life to the full.
Re: Lost one of my girls today
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 23:37 »
Hi thingy.

well its nice to know you care. :(

steve.
call ducks for me.

LilRed

• Chace
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 08:28 »
Hi Thingy,

I lost Maggie May last week, i cried to so don't feel silly. It just shows how much you cared for her

X
My girls the magnificent 7! Isadora, Martha, Clara, Ruby Tuesday, Lady Jane, Roxanne & Maggie May.

compostqueen

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 08:31 »
Very sorry to hear about your hen  :(  It's not silly to cry over them, it shows your human and have feelings for your animals. People who are tender towards living things are no threat to society. Pity the rest of humanity is not like us

Springlands

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 08:33 »
My OH lost one of his "girls" yesterday and was upset. You can comfort yourself that you did give her a good life after the battery farm.

Kathie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 08:48 »
So sorry to hear about your loss Thingy.  I know exactly how you feel, we lost our cockerel, Sid, on Tuesday, I cried and still feel dreadful
Kathie
3 dogs now, 2 passed RIP Poppy and Paige, one wonderful husband and a new adventure on this wonderful island

Pretty Chick

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 09:51 »
I'm so sorry to hear about Owl :( :(  :(    When we lost Sooty, we were really upset :(. Most people get attached to their chooks, so you're certainly not the only one who's upset when you lose one :) :( :( :(
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:53 by Pretty Chick »
All lives are precious.

Springlands

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 12:26 »
We decided not to give our hens names because we did not want to get too attached but does not make any difference. They all have different personalities and you get to know them all - friendly, shy, feisty, greedy and you then forget all the rules about not getting attached.

Nails

• Experienced Member
    • www.justgiving.com/Donna-Moon
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 13:13 »
Hi Thingy, Sorry to here about Owl, and don't be embaressed about crying, i cried for days 2 weeks ago when the fox wipe out my entire duck collection, all by 6, and this weekend when i went to let the chooks out the other side of the duck pen i stood in there and cried again. We all get attached to our birds and no matter how many we lose it never gets easier.
Dont count ya chickens till they hatch!!!!!

Jeanette

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 13:55 »
I am so sorry. Please don't feel embaressed about crying. You cried because you loved her which is natural, If we did'nt care and love our girls we would not have got them in the first place. I cried for days when i lost Judy.

Thingy

• Experienced Member
  • Budding Animal Behaviourist :)
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 20:54 »
Thank you all for your kind words...it mean alot

My hens are just for eggs and breeding so I am allowed to get attached. I am glad I am not the only one who is really upset when a hen dies. I should have culled her really but I am such a wuss I just couldn't do it...its not for everyone I spose...If a choock needs killing, we have them pts only I couldn't afford it this time...

I made her comfotable and she had snacks and I syringed her water to keep her hydrated...I guess it was too late for her though :(

Still miss her like mad, I only had her a couple of weeks :(

Thank you again for your kindness, its nice not to hear 'Its only a chicken'

NormandyMary

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 21:08 »
Such a sad story. Im so very sorry for your loss. Im sad too as I think my Monty is under the weather again. He hasnt cockled for a few days, he still has a swollen foot, and tonight, he hasnt jumped up to his nesting box. I think he may have to go to the vet but I have a feeling it may be a one way journey.

shetan

• Experienced Member
  • a wandering soul in a gsd body
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 22:49 »
Hi Thingy,

So sorry for your loss. Human or animal...A soul is a soul and its ok to mourn for one. Please be comforted knowing that you removed her from a miserable life and tried to show her the nicer side to human beings. I'm sure she knew she was both wanted and loved. sending lots of hugs your way.....

1 Husband, 3 German Shepherds, 3 Black Jersey Giants, 3 White Jersey Giants, 1 White Jersey Cross, 1Blue Buff Columbian Brahma, 2 Buff Columbian Brahma, 1 White Columbian Brahma,  3 Gold Brahmas, 2 Golden Quail, 2 Giant Continental Rabbits and a Sister!

xx
lost 3 girls to fox attack

Started by Sue33 on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 10, 2012, 11:42
by compostqueen
xx
Lost one of my girls yesterday

Started by morbidia on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 16, 2012, 22:56
by morbidia
xx
Thought I'd lost Romeo and his girls!!

Started by Foxy on The Hen House

16 Replies
Last post November 06, 2007, 00:05
by muntjac
xx
we lost a peacock today

Started by naturesparadise on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post July 12, 2008, 18:24
by jack russell

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 36 queries.