sweet pepper problems

• 2 Replies

steampig

sweet pepper problems
« on: June 29, 2007, 08:07 »
Against my better judgement, my other half insisted on growing two sweet pepper plants in the greenhouse. They have developed dark brown spots all over the underside of the leaves. Does anybody know what this is, and do i need to quarrantine it on the compost heat.
Eat all, drink all, pay nowt.
Hear all, see all, say nowt.
And if ever tha' does owt f' nowt
Make sure tha' does it f' thi 'sen

paintedlady

sweet pepper problems
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 12:25 »
Not quite sure what to make of it.  Is it possible to post a picture?  I've grown sweet peppers indoor (and outdoors) and the biggest problems I've had, tended to be spider mite and whitefly because they are sensitive to temperature, sunlight & humidity changes.

The fact that it is underside a leaf may suggest a pest rather than disease or environmental stress (but given the awful weather could be a combination of anything and I am only hazarding a guess here of what it could be!)  I don't know what to suggest but as a precaution until someone more knowledgeable can help, I would isolate them from your other plants (including cucumbers, tomatoes, aubergines etc) as the more common pests can infest them all.
Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

steampig

sweet pepper problems
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 13:58 »
Not quite sure how to post a pictue, but the problems seems to have occurred over the last two days. The problem does appear to under the leaf but looking down on top of the plant a darkening can be seen on the upper surface. I suppose it could be cold related because it has been rather v=chilly up here recently

xx
Pepper problems

Started by Biscombe on Grow Your Own

46 Replies
Last post July 01, 2006, 06:42
by hermon
xx
sweet pepper seedlings

Started by sclarke624 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 17, 2008, 15:21
by pushrod
xx
Sweet pepper variety

Started by Flowertot on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post November 02, 2018, 12:50
by Debz
xx
Sweet Pepper Recommendations?

Started by Dawn in the North on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post March 16, 2013, 05:08
by BabbyAnn

Page created in 0.319 seconds with 36 queries.