Shrivelled tops on Peas

• 35 Replies

bazial

• Experienced Member
Re: Shrivelled tops on Peas
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 17:36 »
Hi DD
        I have found a website  of diseases of field beans  from Canada witch  comes closes to the problem and it looks like some kind of Blight , witch is spread by flies coming of Clover plants
bazial

bazial

• Experienced Member
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2010, 17:37 »
Sorry site for field Peas not beans

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2010, 18:52 »
Some of mine are still developing flowers but aren't looking too hot.  Ive put it down to not weeding that bed enough, so the weeds were taking the nutrients.  They do look similar to yours in that respect.  Its not just the tops dying off though which is why DD and I are stumped.
Have you a lot of docks in your bed (even tiny ones?)

I also saw the same problem near to clover plants, but Ive never heard of it until now.  Are you close to clover? It does seem a stretch though, and your other peas would have fallen to the same problem, but they were fine
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

bazial

• Experienced Member
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2010, 19:06 »
HI Peapod
                 Yes we do have a lot of Docks and Clover in the area ,and I get alot of tiny ones coming ,
   The other rows were pulled up as they  were  finished as I noticed this problem .I found this Canadian website good                                                                www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/prm7819

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2010, 19:14 »
I'm more inclined to put it down to the docks rather than the clover.  Its a good website to explain this problem (that's the one I saw too), but I honestly don't think its that that's the problem. I think a lot more peeps in the UK would have suffered from it if it was. Of course, you could have been unlucky though

bazial

• Experienced Member
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2010, 20:49 »
Hi Peapod
               Thanks for your help I'll have to see how things develop but as you say it could be Docks ,one plot near me is covered with them  3and 4ft tall its a disgrace the council keeps telling him but nothing seem to happen .As most plot holders have pulled there peas up I have nothing to compare my young peas with .

clip
Plumb tree shrivelled leaves

Started by Anguswylie on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 02, 2020, 20:52
by 4th season allot
xx
Indoor Sweet Peppers going shrivelled

Started by Kirpi on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post September 07, 2013, 14:46
by LilacSandy
xx
my maincrop seed potatoes look shrivelled up, should i plant them now

Started by rachelsco on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 12, 2012, 11:14
by rachelsco
xx
Pea Tops

Started by puravida on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post June 29, 2008, 22:32
by SalJ1980

Page created in 1.236 seconds with 36 queries.