flys

• 4 Replies

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
flys
« on: July 19, 2010, 19:30 »
just cleaned my girls coop out. And it had tiny black flys inside it. There was hundreds of them. Discinfected it all and put some mite and lice stuff down. Anyone else had this problem?
1 dog -Chloe 1 cat - Oscar 2 hamsters - Flo and Tinkerbell 3 ferrets - Charlie, chip and rupert 3 light sussex - Madge, Henrietta and lucy-lou 2 black rocks - Peggy and Betty 1 puppy on the way i'm not mad i'm in love. :)

Mulberry1990

• Experienced Member
Re: flys
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 19:36 »
Do they look like tiny black dots? If so they are probably Thunder bugs, there have been thousands around today. When crops are cut in fields they get disturbed and swarm, you will probably find them all over everything. They're particularly attracted to white things (they covered me today in a white t-shirt, which was awful!)
They've been landing on my chickens and they've just been eating them, they die quite quickly and will disappear as quickly as they came. But for the next few days no matter how many times you clear them away you will find they quickly return again, especially if there's no rain to wash them away.
4 Dogs: Stanley, Oscar, Borris and Scraps, 8 chickens: Prada, Mulberry, Alessi, Apple, Dior, Bobbi, Eve and Fendi, 2 Guinea Pigs: Rupert and Milo, 3 Rabbits: Louis, Daisy and Charlie 2 Fish: Sandy and Pebbles, 6 Quail

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 19:49 »
possibly could be that. I noticed them yesterday when i went to get my eggs then when i started moving the newspaper around to ckean them today there was hundreds in there. Dont know if its just me but im paranoid people will think i dont clean them out and there dirty.

Sassy

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 08:06 »
Thrips are a real pain and get everywhere but there is little you can do about them. I got covered in them yesterday as well and boy do they make you itch! :)
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted!!

skelly

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 10:44 »
I had a load of little flys in my coop the other day. I cleaned them out and sprayed with Poultry Shiield this killed them all.

xx
New duck flys off

Started by Thompson24 on The Hen House

16 Replies
Last post June 07, 2009, 22:16
by Vember

Page created in 0.595 seconds with 36 queries.