What to have in my hen store cupboard !

• 3 Replies

sally10

• Chickens make me smile everyday !!
What to have in my hen store cupboard !
« on: July 15, 2010, 20:53 »
Hi,
Just wanting peoples views of what I should keep in my hen store cupboard for emergencies.
I have had my hens a couple of months now and they are doing well.

I have one hen in isolation at the moment due to a cut she had on her neck and the others attacked her, she is growing new skin and I hope that she will be able to return to the main group in a few weeks time. I have just been reading the post on the product Ukadex for putting on birds to keep the others away. Where can you buy it from ?? Should you only

Also what else do people recommend to have in there cupboard I have been reading on here about milbenex I am thinking about getting some in if and when I get red mites, where do people buy this from ??

Any other recommendations you have ?

thanks in advance

xx ::)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 20:55 by sally10 »

sneezer

• Experienced Member
Re: What to have in my hen store cupboard !
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 21:36 »
I would use poultry shield for your coop to try and prevent red mites, flubenvet for worming, johnsons anti-mite spray just in case! anti pecking spray and some wound powder thats all I have , hope this helps :)
I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon but the idea of a few weeks in isolation can she return to the main flock?

VeggieVirgin

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 22:14 »
I've got Verm-X pellets for worming: they have that mixed with some bread and milk for three consecutive days every month.

I use P&T Red Mite powder as a preventative treatments for the coop - I've never had a red mite problem (touch wood) -  and P&T Ark Maid as a coop disinfectant (it's powder, which you sprinkle on the floor of the coop, under the bedding).

henamoured

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 22:18 »
I got some of those surgical type gloves too recently - makes putting mite & lice powder on the girls much nicer.

xx
Best way to store eggs?

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post March 01, 2008, 23:27
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Online store

Started by retribution on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post January 04, 2011, 23:37
by peeppeeps
exclamation
Best place to store hatching eggs?????

Started by Pretty Chick on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post May 31, 2010, 10:12
by Pretty Chick

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 36 queries.