• 28 Replies

CHICKENGIRL

Re: How much is a plot?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 22:59 »
ours is £10 per year, with unlimited water access.  bargain.    :D

peterjf

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 23:07 »
here in deepest darkest HULL east yorkshire  the hull city council make a charge

of £28-00 per yr for 250 sq yrd plot, and an extra £5-00 per yr for water use,

you are allowed to fill barrells with an hose pipe but not allowed to use a hosepipe to water directly onto your plot,

anyone coming to hull , there is a 3-4 yr waiting list in hull ,

there are 22 allotment site in the hull area ,

our site is the largest in ther hull area , 26 acres = 206 x 250 sq yd plots,

AlotArds

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 00:24 »
Sloegin, I'm on the lotty you mentioned, unfortunatly it's the only place to go, i live in bangor, my name is down for council lotty, I am 54th on list (that's about four of our life times in waiting).  I would recommend getting your name down for a council plot near you, simply phone your local council and ask for person in charge of lotty's, they will give you all  the information you need.  If like me you are way down the list then you have to go private, and the first year can be expensive, if you want more advice pop down and talk to some of the allotment holders, i'm number 11.

Good luck

binner

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 19:49 »
my council plot is £20 for the year with water included and is 12m x 24m, we also rent another 3 larger plots as one lot for use as a horse paddock which covers half an acre, for this we pay 3 lots of £20 plus £45 animal surcharge.
so for 1 allotment and half acre paddock with water on tap we pay £125 per year! not bad as livery for a horse is anything from £15-£50 per week.
first year grower

totalnovice

• kates allotment adventure
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 19:52 »
My plot is 2400 SqFt. we get all the water we can use and some great advice from those who have been doing it for ever!

All for £24 a year -Bargain!
Kate
Always thankful for advice!

sloegin

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 20:02 »
Sloegin, I'm on the lotty you mentioned, unfortunatly it's the only place to go, i live in bangor, my name is down for council lotty, I am 54th on list (that's about four of our life times in waiting).  I would recommend getting your name down for a council plot near you, simply phone your local council and ask for person in charge of lotty's, they will give you all  the information you need.  If like me you are way down the list then you have to go private, and the first year can be expensive, if you want more advice pop down and talk to some of the allotment holders, i'm number 11.

Good luck

Thanks, I don't understand how the one's in Ards are so expensive?? I'm happy enough growing stuff in pots for the time being. Getting a greenhouse in the Autumn really looking forward to that. This site is great for getting an education!!

boosh

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 20:18 »
Sloegin, I'm on the lotty you mentioned, unfortunatly it's the only place to go, i live in bangor, my name is down for council lotty, I am 54th on list (that's about four of our life times in waiting).  I would recommend getting your name down for a council plot near you, simply phone your local council and ask for person in charge of lotty's, they will give you all  the information you need.  If like me you are way down the list then you have to go private, and the first year can be expensive, if you want more advice pop down and talk to some of the allotment holders, i'm number 11.

Good luck
  :)

Thanks, I don't understand how the one's in Ards are so expensive?? I'm happy enough growing stuff in pots for the time being. Getting a greenhouse in the Autumn really looking forward to that. This site is great for getting an education!!
  Still, wound'nt hurt to have a chat. You never know what might come of it.  :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 20:21 by boosh »

radiohead

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 20:42 »
10m x 4m....£25 pa and unlimited water.........not huge plots so we have 2 8)

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 21:07 »
Blimey, that's expensive radiohead - our council charge £13.40 per 100 sq yds, with water supply, doing a quick conversion that would make yours about £6.40 a year.

Whereabouts are you? If you put it in your profile others will find it usefeul.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 21:27 »
mine is 12.66yds x 8.33yds and unlimited water, and that costs £12.50, pensioners pay nothing at all :)

radiohead

• Experienced Member
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 21:30 »
Hi DD,
I'm in sussex........they are new plots,i'ts a big site...180 plus plots,rabbit and deer proofed,I guess the council have invested a lot of money,but we are just glad to have it,there are many people who have little to no chance of getting an allotment.

Elcie

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 22:18 »
I'm not sure what size my plot is, I should measure it at some point.  I do know though that the rent was raised by 100% this year from £12.50 (admittedly cheap) to £25.  We were not given any notice of this increase, which one or two plot holders were not best pleased with.

titch

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 22:27 »
I pay £60 per year, it would be double that, but the parish council pay the other bit, our allotment association found a field to rent and they pay half the yearly rent, saaved them the hassle of finding land when 30 families in our village got together to demand plots!!! Pricey, but worht every penny, that's for a whole plot 4 metres wide by 40 metres long -
just keep breathing................

Rozzer

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 23:34 »
Mine's about 64m squared, £15 per year, water inc. It's council run & we have our own site rep.

Also choose to pay about £4 a year to the allotment association, get cheap stuff from the shop & lots of friendly advice for free :)
Roz is my nickname...please don't hate me because I'm named after a slug :)

Lesley x

xx
my plot - new growers plot thanks to advice from you all

Started by pookey on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 22, 2007, 19:23
by brucesgirl
xx
My First Plot - Plot 21 is confirmed

Started by SCassin on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 15:04
by Yorkie
xx
New plot dug over

Started by spade or shovel? on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post September 17, 2010, 20:34
by Christine
xx
My first plot..

Started by Sideways on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post September 25, 2008, 18:02
by sclarke624

Page created in 1.528 seconds with 38 queries.