Is it just me.....

• 3 Replies

Hey Jude

• Experienced Member
Is it just me.....
« on: July 12, 2010, 17:02 »
or does there seem to be loads of green and blackfly around this year? I expect some naturally, but every day as I walk round the garden I find there's something else that's been got at - today it's the dahlias, one of the darker leaved varieties, I was admiring the buds, and thought 'oh that's a bit of a thick stem' then on closer inspection saw it was absolutely heaving with blackfly - my spray gun's going to have to be surgically removed from my hand by the end of the summer at this rate!

plot6b

Re: Is it just me.....
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 19:18 »
Nope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There all around here as well :( :( :(

Spana

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 20:14 »
We have big patches of thistles which we leave to seed for the gold finches and they are covered in black fly but so far veg garden is free apart from a bit of grey aphid on some cabbages .

Trillium

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 20:24 »
It's the lack of rain in most areas that have brought them out in force - they love drier conditions. This year we've had a lot of rain, unusual for us, and the earwigs are out in incredible numbers - you have to shake out your socks before you put them on. Even had 3 fall out of a book page I'd set aside for the night.  >:(

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 36 queries.