Wonder of enviromesh

• 21 Replies

little sweetpeas

• Experienced Member
Wonder of enviromesh
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 11:32 »
Quote from: "diggerjoe"
i agree enviromesh is keeping my red sprouts safe and sound and they will be joined by orange cauli later on. I gave this adress to little sweetpeas as it seemed to be the cheapest on the net :lol: Sorry about that its  www.gardening-naturally.co.uk

Yes, they were the cheapest  and the service was great really low P&P £1.50 I think it was. Best thing is they cut it to the size you need. Most of my beds are the same size so I can move it around as needed. Used bluewater pipe to make some mini tunnels.
Try my best to be Organic but don't always make it

Annie

Wonder of enviromesh
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 23:08 »
But don`t forget to check regularly,my purple sprouting thrived ,caterpillar free ,then later some mealy aphids got in and I lost all but 2 plants which did limp through to give a small crop in April.

Baz

Wonder of enviromesh
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 17:18 »
Scaffolders "debri" netting is what I use, comes in 50 metre rolls, 2 metres wide.........really tough stuff, and nice to handle (does what you tell it!)

Think it was 28£ delivered.........far better than messing about with that nylon/plasticy netting.....which seems to have a mind of its own, and doesn't last

Baz.........
Mostly organic...

jacnal

• http://jacnal.blogspot.com/
Wonder of enviromesh
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 18:28 »
Quote from: "Baz"
Scaffolders "debri" netting is what I use, comes in 50 metre rolls, 2 metres wide.........really tough stuff, and nice to handle (does what you tell it!)

Funny you should mention scaffolders' netting. Whilst waiting for my train to work last night, I noticed the netting on the scaffolding of new flats and thought they'd be good for gardening! I wonder if I could try and scrounge for some? Worth a try I suppose, though I've no idea how to start (maybe write a letter to site manager?) What's the worst that could happen? Them saying no?, or not replying?.........

Could be cheeky and ask for pallets (untreated wood of course - fussy scrounger!) and piping too  :roll:  :lol:  :roll:

I'll write that letter this evening and drop off tomorrow!

I've even noticed on the side of the rail tracks a polytunnel that doesn't seem to be in use. Oh the possibilities! Unfortunately, it's too big!
Jac

Trying organic gardening. Hoping to stick to it.

Baz

Wonder of enviromesh
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 19:26 »
Best bet would be to walk on site, see the site foreman........scaffolding is possibly done by outside contractors.........either way the forman would put you right

I doubt the netting on that site would be saved for another job when finished with.........probably go in the skip!

jacnal

• http://jacnal.blogspot.com/
Wonder of enviromesh
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2007, 19:42 »
Quote from: "Baz"
Best bet would be to walk on site, see the site foreman........scaffolding is possibly done by outside contractors.........either way the forman would put you right

I doubt the netting on that site would be saved for another job when finished with.........probably go in the skip!

Oooh, I'd be so happy for some of that netting  :lol:  I'm sure 3 or 4 would be very sufficient for my plot - they seem huge! I'll definitely try my luck........

Thanks for the suggestion  :wink: . I'll ask for the foreman, if I feel brave enough. Those builders can be a little intimidating to a girl  :shock:   :(  :lol:  :lol:. Where to start?! Need a couple of girlfriends for moral support, I think  :roll:  :lol: :lol:

beansticks

Wonder of enviromesh
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2007, 18:54 »
Just smile at him he will not be able to refuse.I also bought 20mts x 3.2mts of debris netting,cut it in half and my wife stitched the two together making a net 10mts x6.4mts big enough to walk under if draped over some posts.

xx
Enviromesh

Started by Sharonx on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 25, 2009, 00:35
by Paul Plots
xx
enviromesh

Started by Azazello on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 04, 2014, 17:35
by Ma Lowe
question
Enviromesh

Started by Missey on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post November 07, 2018, 15:31
by sunshineband
xx
When to take the Enviromesh off

Started by alsagerman on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post August 27, 2013, 08:55
by captainhastings

Page created in 0.423 seconds with 36 queries.