Help needed with a octagen 10...

• 3 Replies

newatthis

• Experienced Member
Help needed with a octagen 10...
« on: July 11, 2010, 22:26 »
Hi, i'm setting up my octagen 10 yet again, the eggs didn't hatch for some reason or other, i think it could have been due to settings and humidity,so here i go again  ::)
i had it set up in the living room and had the setting just right 37.5 , 45% humidity went to pick up eggs up and came back to 37.6 and 38% humidity so had to try and up the humidity by adding more water to a point that both wells where full and 1 hole bloked to try and up it and no luck for a couple of hours so i moved it to the kitchen next to sink and now it's gone to 70%, so i cant win... HELP please on how to win the humidity thankyou so much

zoe  :unsure:
zoe pattinson :)

raeburg

Re: Help needed with a octagen 10...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 23:22 »
I've used my octagen 10 successfully and only put water in both wells during the last couple of days before hatching.  I don't take a humidity reading at all, just keep the temp steady at 37.5 and leave it alone.  Only one hole is blocked by the thermometer.

Nails

• Experienced Member
    • www.justgiving.com/Donna-Moon
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 18:54 »
I run all my inccys dry till day 18 now which is what i have been advised to do, and i have had better results doing this. i have got the octagon 20
Dont count ya chickens till they hatch!!!!!

newatthis

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 22:38 »
thankyou for your replys, i have set it up to the booklet, 37.5ish(cant read the gauge too small) and filled 1 well and took the gadet out, but still keeping it near the sink for now, as this room has more Ventilation than the living room, im looking to buy a suro king 20 or a octagen 20 with the Humidity control box, have been looking on the flea market they call e####..  :lol: might get a good bargin on the octagen 20 with box but as for the other 1 they seem to hit a high price so we will see, and when i do win 1 i'll get it going and then move the eggs over

question
Help needed please... advice on chicks needed

Started by newatthis on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post August 21, 2010, 17:26
by Sassy
xx
Help given and help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by nippynoodles1985 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post October 01, 2011, 03:55
by nippynoodles1985
xx
Name Needed

Started by SnooziSuzi on The Hen House

16 Replies
Last post July 25, 2008, 18:45
by Kate and her Ducks
xx
help needed please

Started by dizzylizzie on The Hen House

61 Replies
Last post August 12, 2009, 12:14
by oddpaws

Page created in 0.445 seconds with 36 queries.